Position: Development Associate - Based in Los Angeles
About Yesh Tikva: Yesh Tikva is a national nonprofit (501c3) that provides emotional support to Jewish individuals navigating infertility and raises awareness about infertility throughout the Jewish community. Since its inception, Yesh Tikva has supported over 300 women, men, and their families and created a strong community around building awareness and compassion for families struggling to conceive. Yesh Tikva provides emotional and communal support for families and has broadened its influence through social media, advocacy, and community-based programming.
Description: Yesh Tikva’s Development Associate will support Yesh Tikva’s growing community by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding potential donors. This position is 25 hours a week, with flexibility around designing a schedule that works for you while meeting the needs of the organization.
Job Description: There are three main components of this role: Relational Engagement, Development and Events Lead.
- Relational Engagement: As Development Associate you will engage with current and prospective donors .
- Development Manager: Manages all components of the Annual Fund including direct mail, telephone, and in person solicitations, online giving and prospect research. Carries a gifts portfolio of annual fund and event prospects below and is expected to make at least 5 face-to-face visits per month. Additionally, the development manager will support our peer-to-peer fundraising initiative each spring.
- Events Lead: You will plan and coordinate all fundraising aspects of the events, in partnership with the Yesh Tikva team, including sponsorships, logistics, budgets, and fundraising components for both in-person and virtual fundraising events. Our goal is to host 3-5 fundraising events per year.
What You Bring:
We’re seeking a candidate with significant experience in the mental health arena, who excels in relationship-building, is an ambitious initiator and has strong project management skills. You should have:
- At least three years of fundraising experience
- Event experience to ensure fundraising events are executed professionally and within budget
- Experience with the fertility community is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Jewish culture and faith
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of prospective donors
- A demonstrated commitment to taking initiative, working hard, and getting things done despite obstacles.
- Experience managing multiple projects and being able to create clear priorities.
- Works well in a small but mighty team.
Start Date: Negotiable, preferred by Oct 10, 2023
Hours: 25 hours/week with room for growth in hours up to 40 hours per week
Compensation: Part-time salary of $35,000-50,000 commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position with room for growth within the organization. Benefits become available upon growth into a full-time position.
What You Receive from Yesh Tikva:
Joining the Yesh Tikva family exposes you to expert mental health professionals, provides the opportunity for growth and advancement, and directly contributes to the development and expansion of ending the taboo of infertility in the Jewish world.