Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is currently seeking an office assistant to provide administrative support to the Advance Planning department. The Advance Planning department works with individuals and families who want to make end of life arrangements in advance in addition to working with families at time of need. This department is passionate about the service they provide to our Hillside families and is looking for someone who is equally passionate about providing administrative support to the team. Responsibilities for this superstar include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and facilitate the flower order process from the Hillside website.
- Prepare meeting minutes.
- Maintain office supplies and ensure arrangement offices are fully stocked with the necessary forms and office supplies.
- Prepare and generate survey letters.
- Batch interment orders, marker invoices and contracts.
- Update map books for the park.
- Maintain the client mailing list by adding and deleting clients when required.
- Process check requests and letters related to referrals in Hillside’s Pre-Need Partnership Program.
- Schedule unveilings.
- Coordinate department anniversary and birthday celebrations.
- Provide first-line technical support to the department.
- General office duties such as mailings, photocopying and phones.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a magnificent level of attention to detail, strong computer skills with Outlook, Word, and Excel, be reliable and dependable and have a friendly style that others will want to work with. It is important that this person live Hillside’s core values of collaboration, diversity, kindness, integrity, quality, and respect.
This is a part-time position working Monday through Friday four hours each day. The hours for this role are 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. with some flexibility possible based on business needs. Due to the essential functions of this position, it cannot be performed remotely.
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.