Development Project Manager
Location: Remote/US Based
Momentum (previously known as the JWRP), a global non-profit organization based in Maryland, USA, was established in 2008 to empower women to change the world through Jewish values that transform themselves, their families, their communities, and the world.
Momentum’s flagship program, the Momentum Year-Long journey, is an educational experience that includes a free, eight-day, personal immersive journey through Israel. More than 20,000 Jewish individuals from more than 25 different countries have already experienced this lifechanging trip, together with 250 Partner Organizations around the world. Participants return home with the best gift of all — a love for Israel, a profound kinship with each other, and a connection to Jewish values. At the request of many participants, their husbands, and Partner Organizations, we created Momentum opportunities for men, helping to lift the family together. Over 1,000 men have already experienced the spirit-building power of Momentum. In 2014, Momentum partnered with Israel’s Ministry of Diaspora Affairs, significantly expanding Momentum’s reach. Dedicated to inspiring Jewish individuals to live their most meaningful lives, Momentum has expanded to provide three entryways:
Momentum Living, our multimedia platform, is home to a growing array of on-demand videos and podcasts, engaging webinars, thoughtful articles, and virtual reunions. With new dynamic content added daily, Jewish parents can tune in from wherever they are to gain the tools and inspiration they need to connect to their Jewish heritage in meaningful ways.
Momentum Journeys are transformative experiences that bring together Jewish individuals – both locally and in Israel – to connect to Jewish values, engage with Israel, take action, and foster unity without uniformity.
Momentum Learning features robust educational programming and resources to enable our community to learn on their own, with their families, and with their friends; to bring their learning into every area of their lives; and to enrich every holiday celebration.
Reporting to the Director of Development, and in collaboration with the Senior Project Manager, the position will play a key role in directly overseeing all stages of key, assigned development initiatives while also supporting the implementation of projects led by colleagues. Portfolio projects may include program and event management, donor recognition and acknowledgment systems, and campaign initiatives (e.g., crowdfunding). The Project Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing workplans, ensuring project milestones are met, and creating relevant reports.
- Serves as a project manager on Development programs and activities (i.e. crowdfunding campaign, auction, regional events, and conference receptions) ensuring thorough workplans are created, project roles are clear, budgets are developed and maintained, deadlines are managed, and project hurdles are quickly and effectively resolved.
- Develops a plan to identify, research and follow up with key trip participants who have the potential to be major gift prospects. Conducts research, and pre and post trip meetings with staff and trip leaders to review key prospects and makes recommendations for follow up.
- Creates high level research profiles as needed across the department
- Coordinates development’s guests on trips and at other Momentum events to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Oversees the donor acknowledgement process including drafting all communications materials such as quarterly donor acknowledgement letters and stewardship reports to ensure that all donors are thanked in personal, timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Supports the planning and execution of regional and other development events, meetings, and retreats including managing marketing materials, guests lists, vendor contracts and all other project related details.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in relevant development roles.
- Experience managing project and developing annual work plans.
- Excellent PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Sharepoint). Prior experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success translating strategic plans into operating plans with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
- Proven ability to make sound, data-based judgments.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a quality of work.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, donors, board members and volunteers.
- Proven ability to maximize donor database tools, generate fundraising metrics and reporting and implement a strong donor communication system.
- Deep passion and commitment to our mission statement: to empower women, families and communities to change the world through Jewish values. A deep passion and commitment to Israel.
- Must have flexibility to work nontraditional hours including occasional evenings and Sundays, as needed to address time-sensitive business needs
- Ability to travel periodically - both national and international.
Salary range: $68,000 - $70,000 plus a robust benefits package.
To apply, please click here to submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Momentum is a growing organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.