Job Title: Communications Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, exempt, at will, senior staff position
Compensation: $75,000-$85,000, plus benefits
Schedule: Business hours with some nights, weekends, and holidays
Temple Isaiah is more than a synagogue; it is a vibrant Jewish Neighborhood! Centrally located in Lafayette, CA, in the San Francisco East Bay, Temple Isaiah is a hub for Jewish life with over nine-hundred-member families. The Communications Director collaborates with the clergy, staff, and lay leaders in sacred partnership to advance Temple Isaiah’s mission. The ideal candidate will bring our communications strategies to the next level as we grow our program and engagement efforts. This position serves on the senior staff team and guides efforts to promote relational Judaism by providing a warm and welcoming experience to all who interact with Temple Isaiah.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Direct and create communications across print and digital publicity channels to promote engagement in temple-life and maintain trust through timely, accurate, and professional messaging
- Represent Temple Isaiah for Public Relations and promote a positive view of the organization
- Function as brand ambassador for Temple Isaiah – Your Jewish Neighborhood
- Manage Temple Isaiah master calendar to ensure smooth operations and publicity
The ideal candidate is:
- A communications professional with direct marketing and public relations experience
- Creative with graphic design experience
- Experienced with social media and online forum admin roles and moderating
- Knowledgeable about Reform Jewish customs, traditions, rituals, and culture
- A clear communicator with meticulous attention to detail and high degree of accuracy, strong copy editing and proofreading skills, and excellent verbal skills
- A team player, excited to work collaboratively and comfortable working independently
- Energetic and passionate with a sense of humor, flexibility, and maturity
- Organized and able to effectively set priorities and manage overlapping project deadlines
- A leader who is diplomatic, patient, curious, and comfortable with different age groups
- Experienced in digital media including photography, audio production, podcasting, and video production (preferred)
- Develop and execute goals and strategies to elevate communications
- Partner with stakeholders to implement effective publicity, and measure, and analyze campaigns to make recommendations for improvement
- Create and maintain Temple Isaiah communications plan and style guide with best practices
- Manage internal master calendar and run weekly calendar meeting
- Create graphic design materials including email, digital media, bulletin, brochures, logos, templates, letterhead, business cards, campus signage, annual reports, invitations, etc.
- Produce original content and manage brand marketing across channels, including Constant Contact emails and newsletters, with goal of increasing open rates and engagement and amplifying programs to reach target audiences
- Manage bulk email system, including campaigns and list management
- Maintain Temple Isaiah’s website
- Manage Temple Isaiah social media, including admin for Facebook groups
- Design, implement, and analyze surveys
- Collaborate on program registration and evaluation
- Photograph programs and/or coordinate volunteer photographers and manage digital assets
- Produce and/or manage photo, video, and audio projects
- Collaborate on temple-wide announcements, press releases and function as press contact, provide media training, and coordinating Temple spokespeople as needed
- Oversee Crisis Communications Plan and rapid response communications
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Professional work experience in related position.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop), bulk email software (Constant Contact), and social media. InDesign and HTML (preferred).
- Ability to work flexible hours needed to complete job requirements, including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]