Classrooms Without Borders (CWB) seeks a detail oriented, motivated, dynamic, creative, and passionate individual for the Programs and Seminars Communication Associate role. This is a part-time position with the opportunity to become full-time. The Programs and Seminars Communications Associate will be responsible for administrative tasks, marketing, and communication, that are associated with CWB virtual programming, in-school educational programming, and study travel seminars. This position reports to the Educational Programs and Outreach Manager. This role will work collaboratively with key staff on administration projects and marketing of CWB.
Classroom Without Borders opens minds and hearts through learning experiences that transform education and empower educators and students. CWB, through the study of complex issues of the modern world, help students and teachers examine the roots of antisemitism, racism, contemporary manifestations of hatred and extremism and the movements for social justice and human rights; combatting bigotry, injustice, and discrimination by educating individuals to promote universal human values of acceptance, altruism, courage, respect, and love for humanity.
The fundamental belief of CWB is that experiential learning with an open and honest dialogue among teachers and students stimulate an excitement for learning and a desire for each person to work towards creating a more just world. As we approach our work, we listen to the needs of local communities and adapt to the needs of the moment.
CWB is a program of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. Providing funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provide education, health, and human welfare services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides administrative support to key CWB staff to manage and coordinate scheduling for in-school and community programs and Travel Study Seminars.
- Create content for CWB’s websites, newsletters, and other marketing materials.
- Develops copy and other content for a variety of different platforms (including e-newsletters, social media, press releases, digital news stories, and online advocacy tools) that engages various audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Directs community and in-school program evaluations.
- Controls the CWB social media presence on various social media platforms that may include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blogs, etc.
- Manages CWB weekly email updates and mailing list.
- Assists with program reporting for grant applications.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage projects in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
- Professional demeanor must use discretion, and exercise diplomacy and tact.
- Dependability and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Flexibility to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree required or two years of related experience.
- Two years of administrative experience in an educational environment is preferred.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms.
- Knowledgeable in web content management systems
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus but not required.
- State, FBI and PA Child protection clearances will be required as a condition of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
The nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. This role will have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer. Also requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, and prepare work documents. Due to the nature of this role a high level of confidentiality is required.
Work is performed in a general office environment, currently employees are working remotely due to COVID-19. The position requires availability for additional hours at various times throughout the year. Requires regular participation and attendance at sponsored events and meetings that may include evenings and weekends This position does not require heavy lifting over 15 pounds or standing for extended periods.
This job announcement is not designed to cover all responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change. New duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice in accordance with the needs of Classrooms Without Borders. Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Classrooms Without Borders. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact the office of Human Resources at The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh at [email protected].
This role will be an independent contractor. The hiring range is $18 to $20 an hour, to commensurate with education and experience.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume to [email protected], or Classrooms Without Borders, 4905 Fifth Ave #ALC3, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.