Congregation Beth Tikvah, serving the Greater Columbus area, is a warm, welcoming, and inclusive synagogue dedicated to educational, religious, and social activities that build community. We now have an opening for a Youth Engagement Coordinator to create and carry out meaningful, inspiring, and inclusive programs for our vibrant teen and youth community.
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits
- Mission-driven, warm, friendly culture
- On site in Worthington, OH
The Youth Engagement Coordinator and Religious School Administrator will be responsible for developing informal and formal teen programming and engagement as well as providing administrative and program support for the Religious School, including family learning. Specific responsibilities for teen programming include:
- Leading the Senior Youth Group, BethTY (9th – 12th grade), Junior Youth Group (JYG – 6th through 8th grade),and Chalutzim Youth Group (3rd -5th Grade)
- Lead and mentor Madrichim (teen teaching assistants)
- Creating programming for and chaperoning all informal teen programming events and serving as advisor for BethTY, JYG, and Chalutzim.
- Cultivating a culture of participation and leadership among teens.
- Leading promotional and recruitment efforts for all Beth Tikvah informal youth/teen activities.
- Attending and chaperoning all regional, sub regional, and national conferences
- Publicizing and promoting summer camps and programs as well as Israel programming to teens and parents.
- Collaborating with other Columbus youth professionals to create sub regional youth programming.
- Teaching and/or leading programming during our Sunday Teen Program
- Assisting Director of Education to coordinate electives and events for our Teen Program.
- Teaching occasionally and creating programming during our Sunday morning Religious School program.
- Provide support for the Religious School, including maintaining the student database, maintaining RSVPs, providing support for grade-level services, and more.
- Partnering with Director of Education and Rabbinic Intern for Youth Services on High Holy Days.
- Demonstrate strong Jewish identity and knowledge of the Reform movement
- Promoting and recruiting for Columbus community formal teen programs
- Maintain highest level of health, safety, and welfare for the entire Beth Tikvah community
- Maintain positive attitude to engage and empower students
- Communicate openly with parents of teens
- Counsel teens on Jewish concerns and questions
- Report directly to the Director of Education and Lifelong Learning, with oversight from the Rabbi and Board of Trustees
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities:
- Two years of experience in education and youth engagement
- Engaging, professional personality
- Strong initiative, proactive attitude
- Leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Collaborative work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Find out more about Congregation Beth Tikvah and our mission here: http://www.bethtikvahcolumbus.org