Director of Education
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the Director of Education for our vibrant community. Are you passionate about Jewish education? Would you love to help create the vision for a vibrant future with us? We are now accepting applications for a new Director of Education.
Kehillah Synagogue is a Reconstructionist community in the Chapel Hill/Durham area of North Carolina serving approximately 195 families and 70 students. We are close to Research Triangle Park as well as UNC Chapel Hill, Duke University, and NC State. The area is growing and thriving economically but still has a relatively low cost-of-living. Our congregation is engaged and diverse, with a strong tradition of social action. We are a warm and welcoming community. The Director of Education reports to Kehillah’s CEO and works in partnership with the Rabbi and administrative team, and various committees including the religious school committee. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both Jewish education and building community. Flexibility, detail oriented, creativity, collaboration skills, joy working with children, and teamwork are crucial to the position.
The essential responsibilities of the Director of Education include, but are not limited to:
- Run our religious school: plan and update curriculum, special school holiday programming, work with religious school committee.
- Coordinate all aspects of the b’nei mitzvah program.
- Plan and manage youth engagement activities outside of religious school ages - B’Yachad programming for pre-K students and youth group for teens.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Manage budget and personnel (hire, train and support religious school staff).
Our ideal candidate is a master educator and leader. This person fosters a love of Judaism and Jewish learning and inspires children and adults. Masters in Jewish Education and 4 years’ minimum experience in the field.
- Salary commensurate with experience [low to mid $60,000’s]
- Benefits including health insurance, retirement and paid leave
- Position available effective May 2023. The actual start date is negotiable.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Education Search Committee email@example.com
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Kehillah Synagogue is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Kehillah encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical ability, or veteran status.