Temple Emeth, a Reform congregation in Teaneck, NJ, seeks a dynamic individual to serve as the inaugural coordinator of our family enrichment program, which we call Emeth Kesher–Emeth Connection. This is a part-time position, approximately 8 hours per week.
Position Overview: Temple Emeth has closed its Religious School program and has established a collaboration with Temple Sinai in Tenafly for K-7 formal Jewish education. With this change comes a new mandate to cultivate Temple Emeth as a place for vibrant social and tikkun olam programming for families with elementary and middle-school-aged children.
This position is ideal for someone who is looking for a first-time leadership position in the Jewish community. The Family Enrichment Coordinator will report to Rabbi Steven Sirbu.
- Preparation and coordination of twice-monthly family enrichment programs
- Nurturing and motivating members of a newly-formed committee to support this programming
- Publicity for programs, including direct email, texting, and maintenance of a dedicated webpage on the Temple’s website.
- Networking with families to create enthusiasm about the programs
- Serving as an advisor in our collaborative Junior Youth Group program with Temple Sinai
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students and/or parents
- Love of Judaism and familiarity with Reform Jewish customs
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- High School Diploma
Salary: $8,000 (September 1 through June 23)
Application Instructions: Submit résumé and cover letter to Temple Administrator Suzannah Mercado at [email protected].