Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA)
Spring 2022 Programming and Events Internship (Paid)
Serve as an integral part of a growing team at the Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA) as a Programming and Events intern and have an impactful experience furthering Jewish and Democratic values.
This internship is currently accepting applicants. This is a part-time position.
JDCA is the leading voice of Jewish Democrats, with a socially progressive, pro-Israel platform. Our mission is to energize the Jewish electorate to engage in the electoral and legislative processes. Additionally, JDCA advocates for domestic and foreign policy positions aligned with our policy platform, which reflects values such as social equality, justice, and a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
The Programming and Events internship program will provide interns with the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the Programming and Events Department as well as help JDCA execute events. The intern will work closely with both the Director of the Department and the Outreach and Events Manager.
Our office is currently working remotely; however, we hope to return to in-person work in the coming months. We are flexible to allow continued remote work for those who would feel more safe doing so. Nevertheless, interns are preferred to be DC-based or NYC-based, but all are welcome to apply.
Responsibilities range from:
- Working on multiple short-term and long-term projects to help the Programming and Events Department grow and become more impactful and efficient.
- Aiding the Director of the Programming and Events Department with efficiency and overall organizing needs, including internal and external scheduling, and ensuring production timeline — i.e., asset and materials creation — is on track and meeting deadlines.
- Assisting the Programming and Events Department with inquiries, data entry, file maintenance, follow-up, and other related administrative tasks.
- Researching topics, speakers, and partner organizations in order to ideate, cultivate, and execute JDCA’s in-person and virtual programs and events.
- Writing programming memos, runs-of-show, scripts, and speaker introductions, as well as assisting the Programming and Events Department with behind-the-scenes virtual and in-person programming and event production.
- Additional responsibilities may include assisting other JDCA teams on projects and initiatives, including making calls, sending text, and assisting with other election-related tasks as needed.
- As an intern, you will receive a monthly stipend of $500.00.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]