Assistant Camp Director, Operations
WISCONSIN & REMOTE / FULL-TIME / YEAR ROUND
CampHire is supporting Camp Interlaken in recruiting an Assistant Camp Director, Operations to join their camp community in Wisconsin. The position is based in Eagle River, WI during the summer (at camp, housing provided), and is remote the remainder of the year. Compensation starts at $60,000 plus benefits.
This position assists with planning activities during the offseason and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of camp throughout the summer. This role reports to the Camp Director and will lead a team of seasonal and full-time staff. The ideal candidate has camp operations experience and a strong understanding of Jewish culture.
What you’ll do
Year Round Activity
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors delivering goods and services to camp. Oversee purchasing, ordering, and inventory of supplies.
- Partner with Camp Director to manage camp budget, conduct cost analysis, and devise financial plans to ensure the long-term health of the organization.
- Recruit year-round and seasonal staff (both international and domestic) to support daily operations at camp (maintenance, facilities, office, food-service)
- Lead family outreach efforts to recruit campers and assist with camper enrollment.
- Revamp camper orientation materials and staff handbook. Design staff orientation program for staff training. Plan and manage CIT program.
- Build and implement a marketing plan to attract campers and staff. Update and monitor the camp website, social media channels, and online presence.
- Maintain ACA accreditation standards and liaise with ACA representatives to stay informed on evolving regulations. Host ACA officials on property visits.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of current social trends, including Jewish camping, child development, social media, staffing, and customer service.
- Attend JCC seasonal community events.
- Oversee the physical opening of camp in the spring and closing in the fall.
- Run the day-to-day operations of camp during the summer.
- Lead a team of seasonal staff members including housekeepers, maintenance workers, drivers, and kitchen crew.
- Oversee general appearance and upkeep of camp facilities. Ensure safety and cleanliness of grounds at all times. Partner with Maintenance to make repairs.
- Conduct routine inventory and procurement of supplies.
- Work with Health Center staff to manage camper records, process insurance paperwork, and log incident reports. Manage emergency procedures and Health Department visit.
- Oversee all camp program related travel for participants and camp staff.
- Manage payroll, camp vehicles, credit cards, and visitor lists.
- Assist program director in camp-wide event scheduling and logistics
- Experience in camping or related field
- Operations management experience
- Must have experience leading a team
- Knowledge of of Jewish culture
- Must live at camp from Jun-Sept
- Must be COVID vaccinated
- Role Type: Full Time, 40 hours per week
- Location: Remote (8 months), Eagle River, WI (summer months)
- Annual Compensation: Salaried $60,000+
- Benefits: Healthcare, Paid Time Off
- Travel: 25% domestic & international