Job Title: Part-time Assistant Director of Youth & Teen Engagement (25 hours per week)
Location: Temple Sinai of Roslyn, Roslyn Heights, NY
About Temple Sinai of Roslyn:
Temple Sinai of Roslyn is a thriving Reform Jewish congregation located in the vibrant community of Roslyn. Committed to fostering a warm and inclusive environment, the temple offers a wide range of spiritual, educational, and social opportunities for individuals of all ages. We take pride in our strong sense of community and our dedication to providing enriching experiences for our members. Here at Temple Sinai, we have created a thriving and meaningful Jewish "community" in the true sense of the word. We are truly proud of who we are: Temple Sinai, where every heart has a home. We hope you'll join us.
About SULAM, Temple Sinai of Roslyn’s Youth & Teen Department:
Temple Sinai of Roslyn has one of the premier teen programs in Long Island. Over 130 teens actively participate in our wide variety of creative programs that range from community service opportunities to leadership and advocacy education, to cooking ranging from community service, to leadership, to fantasy football, and more, all through a Jewish lens! Teens join us on a weekly or monthly basis to enhance their Jewish education, repair the world, and feel connected to the community in a safe and welcoming environment. In addition to regularly occurring programs, teens have numerous opportunities to join us for one-off social experiences and our incredible teen trips. Our program also includes opportunities for junior youth group activities, where pre-teens get an early taste of the fun with support from our teen leaders who help plan great experiences for them! Temple Sinai of Roslyn puts the Youth and Teen department at the heart of our institution.
Temple Sinai of Roslyn is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Part-time Assistant Director of Youth & Teen Engagement to join our team. This pivotal support role involves providing essential administrative support while actively contributing to the development and execution of exciting youth group programs and teen initiatives inside our Temple Sinai building and beyond. In addition to the specific tasks outlined below the ideal candidate for this position is someone who is excited to collaborate with and support the Director of Youth & Teen Engagement in the full scope of the work.
Junior Youth Group Programming:
- Collaborate with the Director of Youth & Teen Engagement and designated teen leaders to plan, organize, publicize, and facilitate engaging programs and events for our four junior youth groups, divided by gender and age.
- Help Coordinate and staff Youth High Holiday Activities for grades K-6 on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- Assist in facilitating weekly and monthly teen programs, including the management of our teen interns.
- Provide support to teen leadership during temple-wide events involving youth and teens.
- Provide general support to the Director of Youth and Teen Engagement as needed.
Administrative Support and Communication:
- Handle administrative tasks related to youth and teen engagement, such as maintaining attendance records, managing event logistics, handling preliminary vendor communications, and overseeing registrations.
- Create and maintain youth and teen rosters and engagement tracking data.
- Collaborate with the Director of Youth & Teen Engagement and the temple's communications professional to promote youth and teen events through various formal channels, including quarterly newsletters and the temple website.
- Support the management of and regular content creation for teen social media accounts to increase exposure for youth group and teen programming, particularly through Instagram, Snapchat and Tik Tok.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- High school diploma or equivalent; a College or Graduate degree in Jewish Studies, Education, or a related field preferred.
- Experience working with youth or teens in a community, educational, or religious setting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with youth, parents, and staff members.
- Proficiency with social media content creation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other basic computer applications.
Salary, Schedule, and Benefits:
This position is a part-time, ten month, salaried position. The salary is $25,000 with opportunity for additional compensation.
It is estimated/intended to necessitate approximately 25 hours weekly and it is understood that this will vary during the course of the year; at certain times of the year and as circumstances may demand, the workload will be heavier and conversely, at other times the workload will be lighter. Youth group programming takes place in the afternoons and evenings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, Sundays from 10-3, and one Saturday evening each month. Schedule is flexible on days with no programming, and there are opportunities for additional hours with additional compensation for specific events and trips.
- A playful, fun, and creative working environment within a dynamic and welcoming community.
- Opportunities for great professional development, mentoring, and skill-building in the fields of Youth & Teen engagement and Jewish life.
- 5 PTO days
- Opportunities to staff domestic and international trips.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Dina Kwasnicki, Director of Youth & Teen Engagement at [email protected]
Please use the subject line "Part-time Assistant to the Director of Youth & Teen Engagement Application."