Congregation Torah Ohr is a vigorous 1,100-member Modern Orthodox congregation in Century Village West, Boca Raton. Located in an “Active Adult Community,” the congregation operates year-round, but the number of members on-site changes with the seasons. Ours is a growing, all-adult congregation, most of whom are seniors.
We are looking for a professional with a friendly, patient attitude and the ability to multitask and support the bookkeeper and other staff members. The successful candidate will frequently interact with members in person, through phone calls, and emails.
Job Skills and Qualifications
* High school diploma or GED
* At least two years of experience in customer service and office work, preferably in a Jewish community setting
* A familiarity with Orthodox Jewish customs and practice
* Computer proficiency, including working with a bookkeeping program such as QuickBooks
* Knowledge of the ShulCloud Membership Management program would be a big plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Some knowledge of Hebrew a plus
* Ability to work independently
Hours: M-TH 9:00-4:00 pm, Friday- 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Full-time, FLSA classification (non-exempt and eligible for OT)
Health Insurance Reimbursement Plan
Paid Jewish and secular holidays
Paid vacation and personal time
Please note: this job description is not a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this job and may change at any time.