Anshe Emeth Memorial Temple, a Reform synagogue in Central New Jersey, is seeking a part-time 1:1 Special Education Paraprofessional as we prepare for the 2023-24/5784 school year on Saturday mornings and Tuesday afternoons.
Anshe Emeth’s Religious School provides a quality Jewish education for students Pre-K through 12th grade. Our clergy, professional staff, and temple members share their commitment to education and the celebration of Jewish life. Our curriculum emphasizes God, Torah, and the people of Israel through the study of Jewish religious practice and prayers, holiday and customs, history, Hebrew and a commitment to Kol Israel. Our inclusivity program, known as Kulanu, is nationally recognized by Matan and has been part of our school for more than 30 years as we strive to meet the needs of each student and family, supporting them and creating learning approaches so everyone is fully involved in the learning community at AEMT.
AEMT Religious School Goals:
Learners of all ages will be on personal and communal journeys toward lives that are…
- … guided by Jewish ethics, values, and ideals
- … lived meaningfully through Jewish practice and tradition.
- … actively engaged with our congregational community as well as K’lal Yisrael and Eretz Yisrael.
We believe that:
Jewish tradition is a rich and deep sourcebook that guides, informs and illuminates, and directs the way people understand the world and make decisions. That Jewish tradition records many paths people have taken in search of connection to God and Godliness. That Am Yisrael constitutes ever broadening circles, beginning with family and moving through synagogue, local Jewish community and the Jewish world community. It comprises the Jewish people today and throughout history. That Eretz Yisrael encompasses the land, state and people of Israel, both today and throughout history. That Hebrew is the universal language of Am Yisrael and, therefore, is necessary in order to have full access to Jewish Peoplehood.
We aim to inspire our students to live Jewishly with this understanding in mind. Please click the link below to read more about Anshe Emeth.
AEMTRS is looking for an experienced paraprofessional to work on Tuesday afternoons, and Saturday mornings, as a 1:1 aide. This role will provide individualized classroom support helping the learner with appropriate direction when needed. Work hours will be on Tuesday afternoon from 4:30-6pm, and Saturday mornings from 9:30am-12:15pm, beginning September 9th, and concluding on May 18th. Staff are asked to arrive 15 minutes before the school day begins. A school calendar with days off for Jewish and secular holidays will be provided during staff orientation.
- Previous experience teaching or working with children
- Available on Saturday mornings and Tuesday afternoons from September '22 to May '23
- Background or experience with ABA, SEL, Special Education, or related roles such as Social Worker, Behaviorist, Psychologist, Therapist, Inclusivity Consultant, Curriculum Manager, and/or School Counselor
- Provide one-to-one support and assistance to a child with special needs during Religious School classes
- Foster an inclusive and supportive learning environment for the child
- Implement strategies and accommodations to meet the unique needs of the child
- Collaborate with the teacher and Director of Education to implement individualized educational plans
- Assist the child with tasks such as classroom activities, social interactions, and personal care, as required
- Monitor the child's progress and communicate regularly with the educational team and family
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of the child and their family.
An hourly salary will be set based on previous experience and skill set. Payroll is once a month from the start of the school year in September until the end in May. Sick time is included and vacation time is encouraged during regular school breaks in the fall, winter, and spring.
An Invitation to Apply:
Please email a resume and personal statement (optional) to [email protected] with the subject line, "1:1 Paraprofessional Application," and we will follow up to schedule an interview. If you have any questions about this position or would like to connect further, please utilize the same email.