itrek introduces tomorrow’s leaders in business, law, policy and STEM to Israel, helping them experience the country firsthand through peer-led, week-long treks. itrek’s unique peer-led model empowers students at the world’s top graduate programs to craft and lead an authentic experience for their classmates; experiences that reflect the diverse interests of the program’s participants and fields of study. Whether it’s meeting with members of Knesset, justices of the Supreme Court or technology companies, every trek brings Israel to life through a combination of education, culture and fun. Since its founding in 2011, over 20,000 graduate students across 103 nationalities have visited Israel with itrek, returning to campus with a more nuanced understanding and appreciation of Israel.
itrek is a growing 25-person team based in New York and Israel that continues to operate as a fast-moving and nimble organization. We love exploring new ideas and collaborating as a team to push ourselves and our thinking.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance and Administration, this position will work as a vital member of the finance & operations team helping to ensure prompt and accurate reporting and reconciliation of financial activity of the organization. In addition, the Finance Manager will interact with the programming, development and marketing teams of the organization in support of itrek’s financial and operational needs.
- Assist with budget creation and maintenance in collaboration with department heads
- Monthly budget reporting to departments
- Reconciliation of expenses to relevant budgets
General Ledger and Financial Analysis
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Work with external auditor, preparation of audit schedules and assist in all aspects of audit
- Prepare financial grant reports and proposals
- Pledges and receivable tracking
- Reconciliation of Salesforce to Quickbooks
- Manage completion of annual state charitable registration renewals for multiple states
- Gather and input payroll data for US and Israel offices
- Maintain PTO information and field payroll questions from team
- Run appropriate reports and post journal entries
- Work with vendors to maintain accurate and complete information
- Prepare year-end 1099 forms
- Generate and/or monitor vendor and consultant agreements
- Explore use of tools to further automate finance department processes
- Assist in designing and implementing improved financial processes for new programs
- Projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance and Administration
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS, preferably in finance, accounting, or business administration
- Minimum 2-3 years of prior experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets required
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Salesforce preferred, as well as financial automation tools such as bill.com and Divvy.com
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented
- A team player with a great attitude and an excellent work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently and effectively
- A high degree of integrity; dealing with sensitive information with discretion
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit organization
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision and Dental Plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401k
Salary range $65,000-$75,000; commensurate with experience
itrek is a hybrid work environment with a minimum of two days per week in the office. To be employed by itrek you must be fully vaccinated and to work in the office/attend in-person company events, you either need to be up-to-date with your booster shot or comply with a testing requirement.
If you have questions, please email [email protected]
itrek is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.