The Davis Academy, a private reform Jewish day school, located in Atlanta seeks an educator with expertise in Mathematics. Salary is based on experience and degree.
- BS or BA degree in mathematics or math education.
- Three years of teaching experience with grades 6-12 (independent school experience preferred, but not required)
- Valid GA Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field (High school certification preferred, but not required)
Implements designated curriculum.
Prepares and administers tests to evaluate students’ progress, records results and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
Provides feedback and positive reinforcement to students.
Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
Meets with parents for formal conferences and informal conferences as needed.
Assumes responsibility for supervising students in out of class settings including emergency drills, assemblies, field trips, lunchtime, and recess.
Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops.
Interacts in a professional manner with students and parents.
Contribute to the school community by upholding expectations both in and out of the classroom
Maintains confidentiality of student information and records.
Perform any other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will posses...
- Works cooperatively with school administrators, special support personnel, colleagues, and parents.
- Accepts supervision and constructive criticism objectively.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling school related incidents and events.
- An understanding of child/adolescent development and how social emotional factors impact learning
- An ability to build relationships with students that foster a positive classroom environment where students feel safe to make mistakes and take academic risks
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Knowledge of current educational technologies and their application in the classroom.
- Ability to communicate complex math concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities geared toward all students
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- A belief that all children can learn math at high levels