ABOUT THE JCC
The JCC East Bay is a welcoming home for people of all ages and life stages. Our mission is to create healthy communities inspired by Jewish values, culture, and tradition. We build interpersonal relationships, foster learning and inspiration, and explore Jewish life. The JCC’s core programs include intergenerational Jewish holiday celebrations; early childhood education and preschool; camp and afterschool programs; and provocative cultural arts and civic engagement events. The JCC serves and reflects the diverse residents of the East Bay, offering physical gathering spaces for the Jewish and broader community.
The Family Engagement Manager reports directly to the Director of Community Engagement and is responsible for the strategic development and execution of a wide range of meaningful family engagement experiences, and the expansion of our reach to families not currently involved in Jewish communal life in the East Bay. The Family Engagement Manager will research, conceptualize, implement, partner, and evaluate a dynamic slate of offerings designed to engage families. The Family Engagement Manager will manage two part-time Parent Connectors and collaborate with staff across the JCC East Bay to build inclusive and intergenerational family engagement events.
Event and Program Planning
- Foster community through highly-developed, appealing, and creative events and offerings for families and young children.
- Work collaboratively with organizational partners, families, and other stakeholders in envisioning and building programs; carry through to detailed execution.
- Create and implement plans/metrics to attract new families.
- Develop specific events and initiatives that help audiences engage more deeply with Jewish communal life (specifically holidays, Jewish values, DEI-based) and that support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with all departments on center-wide age-appropriate programming to maintain strong connections with current and new families.
- Work closely with Community Engagement Coordinator (and community partners) to program service- and Jewish values-based programming for families.
- Collaborate with Director of Youth and Teens to offer monthly Parent Club gatherings.
- Develop a strategic plan to launch baby and toddler programs.
- Resume/create parent workshops and seminars in collaboration with community partners.
- Develop and carry out a robust plan to keep families engaged in between events by soliciting ongoing feedback through one-on-one conversations, email engagement, phone calls, and coffee meet ups, etc.
- Manage all professional service contracts and staff involved with family programming.
- Supervise/work closely with two part-time Parent Connectors to develop meet ups and outreach mechanisms that better inform the JCC about what types of programming families are interested in, provide local opportunities for families to connect to each other and Jewish life, and attract new families to the JCC East Bay.
- Create and implement metrics for the annual departmental work plan.
- Work closely with the Development team on grant reporting, and collecting compelling testimonials and photos.
- Perform at a high level in a fast-paced team environment.
- Manage multiple projects at once to meet timelines and deadlines.
- Support program directors and JCC staff as necessary.
- Attend monthly Department Head meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Engagement.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of current research and practices in Jewish family programming.
- Knowledge of and comfort with Jewish culture, traditions, values, and holidays.
- Competent in various skill areas such as planning, scheduling, record keeping, event design, and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent customer service and relational engagement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to be on your feet and work a full shift, 5 days per week.
- Ability to sit on the floor and to get up and down with ease.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Quick reflexes to respond to needs of children.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Salary information will be shared one-on-one with candidates. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, and holidays (including Jewish). This position requires working many Sundays throughout the year. A flexible schedule will be discussed.
The JCC East Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. JCC East Bay policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in accordance with federal, state, and local laws. The JCC East Bay complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require particular accommodations during the application and interview process, please inform us of your needs so that we can provide accordingly.
Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet all of the qualifications. The JCC East Bay encourages you to apply anyway, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
The JCC East Bay requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment. (As of January 31, 2022, the definition of fully vaccinated includes a booster shot.) In accordance with the law, the JCC East Bay will accommodate employees who cannot be administered the COVID-19 vaccine for medical/disability or religious reasons if to do so is not an undue hardship.