Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, the Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. We are a national leader in providing care for those suffering from chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s, and other degenerative illness, as well as offering year-round social, recreational, fitness, and vocational programs for children, teens, and adults living with special needs. In addition, we are Long Island’s hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
We are dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our innovative health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups. Enjoy a lively Zumba class or work out at our state of the art fitness center. Make new friends. Meet popular authors and inspiring speakers. Celebrate holidays. Play canasta. Practice your Hebrew. Try your hand at watercolor painting. Work out with a personal trainer. We offer educational and interactive programs for seniors 60+ to help them achieve physical fitness, experience the world through cultural programs, keep their minds active with lectures, and engage with their peers in social groups.
The Development and Events Coordinator will support the team in all administrative functions, which may include but are not limited to events, solicitations, and day-to-day database maintenance. The Development and Events Coordinator will be responsible for assisting team members with a focus on the Director of Development and the Special Events Development Associate. This full-time position is in Roslyn, Long Island.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a positive outlook, who is able to perform independently and as part of a cohesive development team. This person will interface with fellow JCC staffers and members of lay leadership. The Development Coordinator must be articulate and comfortable with written, phone, and in-person communications.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Maintain the donor database and additional donor tracking systems · Assist the department with the administration and execution of all special events
- Execute special event projects including raffles and vendor negotiations
- Partner with the Accounting department in maintaining and reconciling financial records
- Collaborate with different agency departments and lay leaders to enhance all fundraising endeavors
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in a timely manner
- Coordinate all elements of mailings and other communications
- Assist with meeting administration
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- Experience with, or interest in learning, nonprofit fundraising
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Ability to quickly master our donor database system, prior database experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work items
- Strong attention to detail and a positive can do attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Health Insurance, Paid time off, Retirement Plan, 100% agency-sponsored Pension Plan, Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.