The Greater Miami Jewish Federation seeks a dynamic and motivated professional to focus on financial resource development, leadership development and community building efforts with a focus on women’s
giving within the Women’s Philanthropy (WP) regional boards.
The Development Professional will be responsible for overseeing the WP regional annual campaign, which includes committee management, program planning and face-to-face solicitations. The successful candidate is responsible for donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation, relationship building, management of volunteer solicitors, leadership development, as well as program and event planning.
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Manage regional boards, campaign and committees
• Actively recruit volunteer solicitors and monitor their campaign assignments
• Serves as a donor relations manager to a group of prospects
• Identify and develop leadership succession
• Develop compelling programming for regional boards
• Conduct face-to-face solicitations
• Outreach to and engagement of prospects
• Participate in the planning of WP overall events
• Represent WP and Federation at community and agency events
• Support/coordinate and recruit for Federation events and programs
• Ability to develop and manage relationships and volunteer committees
• Strategize and implement campaign plans
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a leader and as part of a team
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary
• Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
• Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in community organizing and/or financial resource development
• Working knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish Federation system a plus
• Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions is preferred.
• Commensurate with experience.
• The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.