Under the direction of the Program Director and Camp Director, the Youth Coordinator & BBYO Assistant Director is responsible for overall engagement and programming for ages 4th grade through high school.
This person also plays a key role in the success of BBYO by working closely with teens to create strong programs, develop leadership skills and make their chapters great. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact in the Palm Beach community by engaging with and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
Normal working hours will include evenings and weekends.
YOUTH COORDINATOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, leads, and implements youth and recreation programs, including but not limited to summer and vacation camps, pre-teen and teen programming and volunteer opportunities, and teen leadership development.
- Pilots creative, new experiential Jewish teen initiatives.
- Builds relationships with participants through meaningful conversations and by creating connections to opportunities to participate in Jewish experiences.
- Identifies and cultivates teen leadership to empower them to own their Jewish journey.
- Serves as a Jewish role model, supporting students through life cycle events, the challenges of life in elementary school, middle school and high school, and everything in between to support their mental wellness.
- Identifies opportunities to expand the reach and impact of the JCC youth and teen programs and use these opportunities to recruit participants.
- Develops strong partnerships with parents, community leaders, synagogues, and other Jewish organizations to expand and enhance teen programming and advocate for teen population.
- Develops annual goals and work plans for youth and teen programs and provides on-going evaluation of progress relative to goals and work plans.
- Works with the camp team to coordinate pre-teen and teen activities and create a continuation of Jewish teen experiences throughout the summer.
- Participates in community-wide teen program experiences.
- Creates, coordinates, and implements recruitment strategy & marketing materials.
- Develops and manages program budgets.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
BBYO ASSISTANT DIRECTOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentors teens and delivers leadership training
- Manages and maintains all chapter bank accounts
- Administers 8th/9th grade recruitment process and placement of teens in chapters
- Inspires teens to embrace their Jewish journey by representing and teaching BBYO Culture, Jewish values and executing Judaic programming
- Oversees chapter boards including their communication to members/parents, elections, programming, and problem-solving chapter issues under the direction of the BBYO Director
- Develops relationships with other teen professional staff throughout Atlanta, as well as other community professionals who work with Jewish teens
- Attends and supervise teen programs and BBYO conventions as scheduled
- Establishes an annual program calendar for each chapter based on principles of AZA and BBG
- Trains teens as chapter leaders to run a meeting, plan a calendar, recruit new members, ensure program excellence, and create meaningful programs that attract other teens
- Serves as leadership staff/facilitator at designated BBYO summer program for 2-3 weeks
- Assists with the planning, recruitment, and staffing of BBYO conventions and programming
- Manages email communications, mailing lists, social media and marketing in partnership with the national BBYO marketing department.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ working with teens and adolescents.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and sensitivity and comfort in engaging with people of all ages.
- Passionate about Judaism and Jewish communal life.
- Energized by kids and/or teens.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, and prioritize demands.
- Flexible, able to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills (including talent development).
- Plans and utilizes time effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and community members
- A sense of humor and a passion for learning are essential.
- Cultural responsiveness and an alignment to our values and commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Special Requirements and Physical Demands:
- Ability to exert moderate physical efforts which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weights (up to 50lbs), bending, stooping, stretching, squatting and sitting;
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Noise level can be quiet to moderate.
- Flexibility to work various schedules as needed.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS POSITION
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other JCC and BBYO communities
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.