The Jewish Graduate Student Initiative, JGSI, is the only national organization solely dedicated to Jewish graduate students. We support Jewish graduate student associations on campus and host top-notch Jewish programs off campus, all across the U.S. JGSI's mission is to support Jewish life on graduate campuses and to connect Jewish grad students and alumni to their heritage and the greater Jewish community.
JGSI seeks a dynamic, motivated, and creative professional with a passion for young adult engagement to serve as JGSI’s Engagement Coordinator! This professional will learn who JGSI’s graduate students are and will meet them virtually (and potentially in person, down the road) to build community, create connections, and advance Jewish life on over 85 campuses and beyond!
Building meaningful relationships with students as a mentor and partner, you will actively seek out and engage 1:1 with our students over zoom. You’re a strategic community organizer and think creatively about Jewish programming that speaks to the needs and desires of young adults. You are comfortable with exceptionally bright and highly-motivated students. You understand the unique challenges and opportunities that come with looking for a Jewish community and Jewish engagement in the immediate years post-college.
This is a full-time position that can be done remotely in either New York, NJ or Chicago.
- Facilitate relationship building with graduate students on over 85 campuses
- Building off of the current framework, build and implement a strategy for engaging Jewish graduate students, paying attention to the varying needs of students depending on the graduate program in which they are enrolled
- Utilize the tools of relational engagement - meet graduate students on Zoom (and eventually in person) to get to know them, understand their needs and their networks, and connect them accordingly
- Support existing student-led groups, by building relationships with student leaders and helping them see JGSI as a partner in their work.
- Serve as a concierge for Jewish graduate students you will play a key role in making sure students are finding what they need in the broader landscape of young adult engagement.
- 0-3 years professional work experience
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in recruiting
- Energetic, engaging and outgoing personality
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to take risks and learn from your wins as well as your losses
- Organized, self-starter, creative, adaptive, multi-task well, able to lead teams and collaborate with others
- Passionate commitment to the Jewish people and drive to build Jewish community and future Jewish leaders
- Networking ability to inspire and enlarge our supporter base
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the professional team
- Superior problem-solving and multi-tasking ability
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce)
- Extra Credit Experience: Marketing and social media management including email marketing (mailchimp), social media postings on facebook/Instagram etc. and overall communications management.
What We Offer:
- Entrepreneurial and exciting organization on upward trajectory.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- Shabbat/Jewish holidays off.
- Future career potential based on company and individual growth.
Salary – negotiable based on experience.
Interested or know someone? Send Resume to: [email protected]