Senior Jewish Educator
Central Florida Hillel
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Central Florida Hillel (CFH) as the Senior Jewish Educator. With over 6,000 Jewish students, Central Florida Hillel serves one of the largest and most dynamic Jewish campus communities in the country. Actively seeking to engage Jewish students on their own terms, Central Florida Hillel provides students with Jewish opportunities that are meaningful, empowering and engaging. Through a creative mix of leadership training, education, volunteerism, social, spiritual, and cultural opportunities, students are inspired to realize their potential and become the best versions of themselves.
Central Florida Hillel seeks a Senior Jewish Educator (SJE) who will bring contagious energy and passion for Judaism. They believe strongly in the value of pluralism, have a desire to nurture a community with diverse and varied expressions of Jewish life, possess the ability to connect deeply with students from a wide range of Jewish backgrounds, be enthusiastic about building micro-communities and enjoy creating new opportunities for students. The Senior Jewish Educator will serve as part of a multi-dimensional educational and programmatic leadership team working to advance Central Florida Hillel’s educational vision and engagement strategy. They will engage directly with students, work with the student life team, serve as a mentor and a resource to students and staff, and work to bolster opportunities for Jewish education and experience.
What You’ll Do
- Engage students in conversations, experiences, and opportunities to further Hillel’s vision of Jewish diversity and pluralism.
- Build relationships with students through meaningful conversations and by creating connections to opportunities to participate in Jewish life on campus.
- Innovate and experiment with different engagement methodologies designed to reach students who are currently uninvolved.
- Serve as the lead educator and administrator for multiple cohort based Jewish learning opportunities.
- Develop and facilitate creative educational approaches and innovative curricula targeted towards specific micro-communities.
- Be a part of a collaborative process to create a diverse set of student programs and initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison with on-campus partners for interfaith and religious life projects.
- Be a regular staff presence at Shabbat and holidays at Hillel as well other Shabbat experiences across campus.
- Serve as a staff member on immersive experiences such as Birthright Israel and alternative breaks.
What You’ve Accomplished
- Rabbinic ordination or an advanced degree in Jewish studies, Jewish education, or a related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience. Experience in community organizing, Hillel, youth movements, camping, or experiential Jewish education is a plus.
- Proven success in community building and outreach, previous experience in program visioning and implementation as well as success in developing curricula and informal educational experiences.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- A strong knowledge base of Jewish content, ranging from traditional Jewish texts to contemporary Jewish wisdom, culture and unconventional Jewish sources.
- Expertise in leading complex conversations about Judaism and Israel in a way that is approachable and meets students at various points in their personal Jewish journeys.
- A commitment to creating an inclusive, vibrant and pluralistic Jewish community.
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Judaism and Israel.
- Ability to engage with people of all interests and backgrounds.
- Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions.
- Creative problem-solving, proactive communication, and collaboration.
- Excitement to be a part of a diverse team of staff.
- Ability to collaborate across teams both inside and outside of Hillel.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000 commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), flexible spending account, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel.
About Central Florida Hillel
Central Forida Hillel is home to over 6,000 Jewish students; one the largest Jewish student populations in the country! We serve as the center to Jewish life on campus at UCF, Full Sail, Valencia, and Seminole State. Based right off of UCF’s main campus, the Jeffrey and Diane Ginsburg Center for Jewish Student Life houses an amazing space Jewish students can call home. Orlando, the vacation capital of the world, is also home to UCF; the second largest university in the United States.
Central Florida Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.