Join our Year Round Adventure at Sprout Brooklyn Day Camp!
Are you ready to bring the magic of camp to every season? Sprout Brooklyn is looking for an Assistant Camp Director with fun, enthusiasm and a love for camp! If you’re passionate about crafting unforgettable moments and making a profound impact on the lives of Jewish children, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Young Judaea Sprout Brooklyn Day Camp, nestled in Red Hook, offers a unique Hebrew dual-language camp experience for children entering Pre-K through 5th grade. We create a unique space for children from diverse backgrounds to form a joyful community based on Jewish values, a shared connection to Israel and the Hebrew language.
We’re seeking a collaborative team player with a dynamic personality to help us bring summer to life all year round. As our Assistant Camp Director you’ll be responsible for educational programming, staff recruitment, hiring, and providing essential support to our day-to-day operations. This is not your typical desk job, but a hands-on, creative, role. The Assistant Director is not afraid to stand up in front of a crowd, wears multiple hats, thrives in diversity, and has camp vision. It's full of opportunities for someone to shine!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Loves camp
- Is both a thought partner and can work independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Exhibits flexibility
- Can manage stress with a smile and a chuckle
- Excels in organization and is tech savvy including social media
- Spearheading staff recruitment and managing the hiring process for seasonal staff
- Overseeing summer payroll, accounts payable and vendor accounts
- Coordinating exciting field trips and special events
- Planning and executing comprehensive staff training and development
- Participating in occasional weekend/evening camper and staff recruitment events
- Providing year-round programming
- Building the educational program components and crafting the camp calendar
To be a great fit for this role, you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Education, Recreation, Jewish Studies, Nonprofit Management, Social Work, or Business OR related degree with previous experience in camp leadership
- Proven Experience supervising camp employees
- Previous Experience working with children ages 3 – 10
- A strong foundation in Judaic and Hebrew
Please send cover letter and resume with relevant work experience to [email protected]