inSIGHT Through Education, Inc.
CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
inSIGHT Through Education, Inc. | Palm Beach Gardens, FL | www.insightthrougheducation.org
About the CDO Role
inSIGHT Through Education is looking to hire a full-time experienced fundraising professional to implement and oversee all fundraising efforts to further inSIGHT’s impact.
This individual should have a robust background in the nonprofit sector; one who is well organized, flexible, and has a strong passion for the mission.
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) is responsible for generating new, and increased current and deferred gifts, that support inSIGHT and its programs, matching the philanthropic interests of donors with the mission and goals of the organization.
The full-time CDO is an integral part of the team and will work closely with the volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift (current and deferred) prospects.
The Chief Development Officer will report to the President(s) and will be accountable to the Board of Directors.
inSIGHT Through Education, Inc. is a 501(c)(3), volunteer-run organization whose mission is to promote a culture of acceptance and respect through Holocaust and genocide education. Established in 2010 to fund the Florida mandate requiring that the lessons of the Holocaust be taught in schools, inSIGHT funds student (K-12), teacher, and administrator programming in Greater Palm Beach County.
- Prepare, implement and execute an annual fundraising plan to meet established goals
- Increase non-event general operational support from individual foundations and corporations
- Implement and develop a comprehensive infrastructure of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all prospective and current donors
- Seek major donor prospects
- Provide development/fundraising assistance for the Board and Chairs for solicitations
- Maintain the donor database
- Assist VP of Development/Grant Chair in prospecting grants locally, within Palm Beach County, and nationally
- Develop strategic direction and plan for own work, as well as recommend strategies for achieving the overall development goals
- Prepare timely interaction notes and other appropriate progress reports and maintain accurate records of donor activity
- Conduct prospect research as needed
- Help execute special outreach and all fundraising initiatives
- Grow inSIGHT’s annual campaign along with identifying and securing multi-year donations
- Provide leadership with data, support and pertinent information to increase fundraising efforts
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques
- Ability to produce tangible fundraising results in a goal-oriented environment
- Excellent research, writing and interpersonal communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Accomplished oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to empathize with donors, clearly communicate our organization's mission, and effortlessly move from high-level strategic thinking to frontline solicitation
- An understanding of and ability to articulate the accomplishments and goals of inSIGHT
- The intelligence, maturity, and sound judgment necessary for interacting with major donor prospects, trustees and staff
- Ability to work well with a diverse population
- Travel and the ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Ability to operate independently and deal effectively and persuasively with volunteer leadership
- Ability to combine “big picture” thinking with attention to detail and absolute reliability
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated record of completing assignments
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of development experience, including major gift development
- Experience designing and executing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Experience with fundraising, development, and non-profit organizations
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational and writing skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products, and prior experience with a non-profit CRM donor database
Salary, Benefits and Schedule:
- Salary based on experience; minimum of 5 years preferred
- On-the-job training, professional development opportunities, and mentoring
- Potential for advancement, based on performance and organizational growth
- Ability to work from home and meet with President(s) and Board members in person as needed (a few times a month)
- Work may require evening and weekend hours
- Progress will be evaluated at 6, 12 and 18 months
Applicants should be prepared to provide the following documents when applying:
- Current resume sent via email to [email protected]
- Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.