TEMPLE BETH ELOHIM, Wellesley, Massachusetts
Assistant Director of Grades 6-12
Over the past 12 years the youth learning staff/faculty at Temple Beth Elohim have crafted powerful new models of Jewish learning. We seek a partner to help build on these successes. All activities are geared toward helping students build relationships and feel a sense of connection as they develop their identities as members of the Jewish community.
The Assistant Director 6-12 is responsible for envisioning, designing, implementing and supervising our vibrant and innovative learning programs for children in Grades 6-12 and their families, in collaboration with the Upper School Director and a dynamic team of full and part time educators. The scope of these programs includes formal, informal, and family learning opportunities. The Assistant Director collaborates with full and part time faculty and clergy to design and implement programming for Havayah (8-12), and also teaches in and leads elements of both the B’Yachad (6-7) and Havayah (8-12) programs. In addition, this team member participates as a member of our learning team in planning and integrating educational programs and working with the volunteer Havayah committee. The Assistant Director also works with a highly collaborative and creative clergy team.
PROGRAM VISIONING & DEVELOPMENT
- Represent the core values of the temple in all work performed on behalf of the temple and in all activities related to temple life by demonstrating an excellent work ethic, collaboration, personal integrity, confidentiality, professional maturity, and thoughtful ambassadorship.
- Work with youth engagement specialists and Upper School Director to develop B’Yachad (6-7) curriculum that includes formal and informal programs (including Shabbaton).
- Develop and implement vision for Havayah (8-12) core curriculum, in collaboration with Upper School Director and Youth Educator.
- Develop and implement youth engagement strategy in collaboration with learning team.
STAFF & FACULTY SUPERVISION & SUPPORT
- In partnership with the Upper School Director, hire Havayah faculty.
- Oversee Youth Educator(s) in their work with Havayah (8-12).
- Supervise Havayah faculty.
- Develop and implement professional development for Havayah faculty in coordination with Directors.
- Collaborate with the Upper School Director to create a school calendar for Havayah, including both Chavurot (affinity/interest groups) and social events.
- Design registration and create Chavurot for Havayah (with administrative and technical support)
- In collaboration with the Upper School Director, create and oversee the budget for Havayah.
- Communicate with parents, staff, and faculty.
- Create and disseminate online communication and social media, in coordination with the TBE communication team.
RELATIONSHIP & COMMUNITY BUILDING
- Develop and nurture relationships with teens and families.
- Respond promptly and work to resolve concerns and issues raised by parents and staff.
- Collaborate with other learning program directors to create an Ed team agenda and goals.
- Attend TBE Staff meetings, Program Staff meetings, and Ed Team meetings.
- Work with Chairs to plan and lead Havayah parent committee meetings; work collaboratively with the committee