Location: Hybrid Position – remote in the Seattle area with limited hours in the Downtown Seattle office.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is searching for a self-motivated and strategic thinking professional committed to core Jewish values who is excited to support programming for the wider Jewish Puget Sound community. An ideal candidate is adaptable and thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
As Associate Director in the Jewish Engagement Department, you will serve as a “utility player” across all areas of our engagement work. As a member of the Federation’s professional team, the Associate Director is expected to foster the Federation’s mission, values, and inclusive culture.
WHY WE WANT TO WORK WITH YOU:
You’re excited about the Jewish Federation’s mission in Seattle. You hold the big vision and the day-to-day details in mind simultaneously. You strive to design systems and processes that are elegant, efficient, and extremely user-friendly. You can juggle (literally or metaphorically). You love data, not for its own sake, but for how it can help you and the team work faster, smarter, and more effectively. You are decisive and have an intuitive sense about when you need to seek counsel and when you should just make the call. You’re intensely curious, eager both to learn new things and to regularly question your own assumptions.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US:
You will be exposed to a wide range of people and issues in the Jewish, philanthropic, and nonprofit/social-impact sectors, as well as to the internal infrastructure and operations of a thriving Jewish Federation. You will work with an accomplished and diverse team in which each individual is committed to their own rapid development as well as to that of the team.
You’re attracted to this role, because as a naturally resourceful and self-motivated professional, you are energized by designing processes and systems to make things more effective and efficient.
This position reports to the Director of Jewish Engagement, supervises the PJ Library® Program Manager, and is a non-exempt position.
WHAT’S EXCITING ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The core of the Federation’s engagement experiences is about bringing people together to build community, by creating and strengthening relationships that are at the heart of a strong community. When we refer to Jewish engagement, we mean micro-communities, learning cohorts, and other Jewish immersive experiences that create, deepen, and sustain People-to-People connections through a Jewish lens.
The Associate Director of Jewish Engagement will play a critical role in identifying, designing, and implementing innovative strategies that create a vibrant and strong Jewish Puget Sound. You will take our organization to the next level by working across departments and with community partners to create meaningful programs, setting a high bar for quality and consistency, and aligning creative vision with action.
To support the Federation’s efforts from fundraising to community engagement programs, you are responsible for Engagement Department operations across five portfolios, including budget oversight, marketing strategy, event management, strategic planning, donor development, and grant writing. Working closely with the Director of Jewish Engagement, you will implement a vision throughout the organization, Jewish Puget Sound, and beyond.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 7 years experience in leadership development and/or young and general adult programming;
- Minimum 7 years experience in a professional office environment;
- Supervisory experience a plus but not required;
- Proven strategic thinker who can implement strategies to accomplish organizational goals;
- Able to work independently and use sound judgment in making decisions that have been delegated to this role;
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams, cross-functional teams, and external parties in a rapidly growing environment;
- Experience in group facilitation;
- Experience in creation and implementation of multimedia marketing and outreach;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and experience with Google products and database knowledge;
- Travel around King and Snohomish counties required;
- Availability to work evenings and Sundays as well as potential travel internationally for 10 to 12 days;
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Employees of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the two-week waiting period following initial inoculation) and COVID-19 boosters as recommended by the CDC. Employees are required to present written evidence that they received an FDA-approved vaccination against COVID-19 unless an employee has a legitimate justification for not being vaccinated and is granted an exception.
Salary: The salary for this position is: $75-90k commensurate with experience. The Federation provides an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k), health and/or flexible savings account, paid vacation including secular and Jewish holidays, and a flexible hybrid work environment. Relocation assistance is not currently being offered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume in PDF format, along with a cover letter describing your interest in the role.
PLEASE RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS IN YOUR COVER LETTER:
- What excites you about working as a Jewish Engagement professional?
- What specific expertise and experiences will you draw on to do the job?
- If you currently do not live in the Seattle area, please explain why you would choose Seattle to be your home.
APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS
Candidates should be prepared to have two to three rounds of Zoom interviews with the Federation team plus a brief project. Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the Federation website (www.jewishinseattle.org) to gain insight into our mission and impact. No phone calls please.