itrek introduces tomorrow’s leaders in business, law, policy and STEM to Israel, helping them experience the country firsthand through peer-led, week-long treks. itrek’s unique peer-led model empowers students at the world’s top graduate programs to craft and lead an authentic experience for their classmates; experiences that reflect the diverse interests of the program’s participants and fields of study. Since its founding in 2011, over 20,000 graduate students across 103 nationalities have visited Israel with itrek, returning to campus with a more nuanced understanding and appreciation of Israel.
itrek is a growing 25-person team based in New York and Israel that continues to operate as a fast-moving and nimble organization. We love exploring new ideas and collaborating as a team to push ourselves and our thinking.
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Programs, this position will work as a vital part of the Graduate Team to manage a portfolio of treks in partnership with leading graduate (itrek Leaders*) schools in the areas of business, law, policy and STEM. The Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of the assigned portfolio of treks including but not limited to: school program relationships; leader cultivation, recruitment and onboarding; comprehensive planning; seamless execution and strong follow-up. The Program Manager serves as the central point of contact between itrek and the trek Leaders and is the ‘voice of the Leader’ and provides internal feedback to maximize Leader value. In addition, the Program Manager may assist on various projects within the broader programming team and the organization related to growth of treks and support to trek Leaders and groups.
*itrek Leader is a graduate student and faculty at top MBA, Law, Policy, and STEM programs worldwide who want to lead meaningful trips to Israel for their peers, students and colleagues. itrek provides the training, tools, guidance and overall support they need to succeed in creating impactful experiences.
- itrek Leaders Recruitment: Recruits high-quality trek Leaders who have the skills and abilities to recruit trek participants and plan a strong experience. Partners with organizations and individuals to implement tactics to attract and select Leaders.
- itrek Leader Onboarding & Training: Onboards itrek Leaders covering key elements such as itrek culture, business approaches and core elements of the itrek program. Include key topics such as: funding, planning structure, timelines, and follow-up.
- itrek Leader Planning, Execution & Stewardship: Supports itrek Leaders in various aspects of trek planning including: participant recruitment, itinerary design, leadership development, budgeting, oversight, logistical guidance, and follow-up.
- Manages the relationships of itrek Leaders through constant communication and regular meetings (on campus and virtual) throughout the year.
- Serves as the central point of contact to itrek Leaders regarding itrek’s policies, reimbursements, and other administrative tasks.
- Provides resources for Israel-related content suitable for Business/Law/Policy/STEM itineraries.
- Advises itrek Leaders on content and speakers provided/vetted by itrek content team and help them build balanced programs and engaging itineraries.
- Periodically travels to campuses to foster relationships with itrek Leaders.
- Periodically travels to Israel for several weeks at a time to support treks on the ground and ensure the quality of their execution.
- Oversees the partnership between the Tour Operator and leadership team
- Leadership Development: Participates in the planning and facilitation of the itrek Accelerator leadership development program. Actively encourages itrek Leaders to participate in the Accelerator so they gain tools, knowledge and skills that will maximize their success as an itrek Leader.
- Trek Follow-up & Program Evaluation: Ensures thorough follow-up for each trek including:
- Collecting surveys and feedback from itrek Leaders and participants to assess the impact of the treks and integrating key findings into future planning.
- Managing and recording data in Salesforce and other tracking systems.
- Transitioning itrek Leader relationships to the itrek Network alumni team.
- Additional Responsibilities: Performs other related trek and departmental tasks including but not limited to, working collaboratively across the organization and assisting with various additional projects according to the organization’s needs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience; preference for experience in Israel engagement with non-Jews
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Passion for itrek’s mission
- Strong connection to and knowledge of Israel
- Strong program management, client relationship, and partnership building skills
- Experience in project management, administrative work and coordination
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities
- Hands-on, strong team player, and fully accountable for the management of a given portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to travel semi-regularly within the US, Israel and abroad
- Excitement to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, committed team environment
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Google Workspace, and comfortable with technology to learn and utilize project management software tools
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit organization
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision, and Dental plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401K
Salary range $65,000-$70,000; commensurate with experience
If you have questions, please email [email protected]
itrek is a hybrid work environment with a minimum of two days per week in the office. To be employed by itrek you must be fully vaccinated and to work in the office/attend in-person company events, you either need to be up-to-date with your booster shot or comply with a testing requirement.
itrek is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.