Romemu seeks a go-getter CRM operations manager who can analyze and utilize data; develop and execute strategies for donor stewardship and member engagement; wants to work in a fast-paced, spiritual, avant-garde, and expanding Jewish spiritual center; and is looking for opportunities for professional growth!
About Us: Romemu is a Jewish spiritual community physically based on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, with a growing online virtual national and international presence. Our progressive, inclusive community combines traditional Jewish scholarship and prayer with deep spirituality, expressed through music, mindfulness, study and tikkun olam. Come join our energetic/strategic/soulful and fun Romemu team!
Reporting Structure: The Membership and Development Operations Manager reports to the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Membership with a dotted line to the Philanthropy Advisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administer Romemu’s CRM platform across all areas of the organization, including contributor data management and reporting for membership and development as well as support for programmatic areas and financial reconciliation with QuickBooks accounting system
Membership & Development:
- Oversee all development and membership initiatives including two annual fundraising appeals, annual membership drive, gift processing and acknowledgment, invitation lists, mailings, and invoicing
- Liaise with lay leader volunteers and committee members by providing administrative staff support member programs
- Manage annual schedule of engagement, solicitation, and fulfillment activities to build our base of individual philanthropic support
- Create and implement enhanced member engagement and donor relations strategies and processes
- Draft and distribute member and donor solicitation letters, cases for support, and related correspondence
- Work closely with Philanthropic Advisor to support major donor engagement and Capital Campaign, including supporting moves management in Cloze software
- Work closely with leadership to develop and implement personalized high-touch stewardship strategies for major contributors
- Provide membership and fundraising event production support
- 5+ years of prior database management and analysis experience preferred.
- Adept at using technology, particularly Excel and CRM systems
- Strong initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, clear writing, and critical thinking skills, and demonstrated organizational abilities.
- Proven ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks with extreme attention to detail, deadlines, and results
- Poise, sophistication, and intellectual depth when speaking with members and donors
- Ability to work well in a team setting, showing respect for all, emotional maturity, and a good sense of humor
Other Experience and Expectations:
- Demonstrated commitment to Romemu’s mission, vision, and values.
- Experience in the Jewish world with the Jewish calendar is preferred
- Experience and ease in working with a Jewish and multi-faith, socio-economically, and politically diverse population.
- Available to work occasional evenings and to staff Romemu services on Friday night or Saturday morning, 1-2 times/month as COVID safety protocols permit
Romemu offers a competitive annual salary and participation in Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plans, Guardian Dental and Visions Plan, provides a health reimbursement plan, a retirement plan, a PTO plan, 13 paid holidays, and a small-office nonprofit environment with an intimate culture and room for growth.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job and may change at any time.
We reply only to resumes that align most closely with the job description. We recommend that you take a look at the Romemu website, www.romemu.org, prior to applying.
Romemu is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please reference “Membership and Development Operations Manager” in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.