The Lower School Educator is expected to teach students to love learning and also how to overcome the challenges and obstacles they face that keep them from reaching their goals. While adhering to the core curriculum required by the Meyer Preparatory School, the Hebrew& Judaic Educator is expected to find creative, engaging ways to teach students the Hebrew language and Install the love for Judaism through the concepts of holidays Tefilla and Torah.
Responsibilities and Duties/ Essential Job Functions:
- Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational and exciting for the kids, encouraging them to want to come to school.
- Deliver lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them occupied and excited about learning.
- Reach school and course-wide performance goals for every student in class, to the extent possible.
- Watch closely for students who are struggling with emotional problems, learning disabilities or situations at home, and help them find the resources they need, to the extent possible and available.
- Give feedback on graded papers and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing and to head any problems off before they become a habit.
- Increase educational knowledge and stay up to date on new methods by joining professional organizations, attending continuing education courses and attending regular training sessions for teachers.
- Weave goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
- Offer praise and encouragement to students when they do well and when they are struggling, and teach them that they have the power to do well in school.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and parent/teacher conference when needed.
- Attend orientation as required by the employee's supervisor.
- Adhere to all aspects of the Posnack Way!
- Participate in the ongoing curriculum development of Meyer Preparatory School and attend all teacher meetings.
- Communicate with the parents of each student as needed.
- Prepare and present regular oral and written reports to parents concerning their child’s education and welfare, as needed.
- Maintain student and family confidentially both on and off the Meyer Preparatory School campus.
- Performs other duties as may be deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- It is essential for the Employee to arrive on time to work every scheduled work day. It is essential for the Employee to maintain good attendance and give ample notice, when possible, when the Employee will be absent. It is essential for Employee to speak to co-workers with respect and to follow all of the requirements and expectations in the Employee Handbook.
The Lower School Educator must have a bachelor’s degree. Must have a valid FLDOE Teaching/Temporary Certificate for K-6. Two years of teaching experience preferred. Must be proficient in the use of instructional technology and online textbooks. Must be organized, capable and able to multitask. Must be fluent in Hebrew. Experience with TalAm is a plus. Salary based on experience.
Meyer Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.