Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership offers dynamic learning opportunities rooted in Jewish wisdom and culture. We promote personal growth, train future leaders, and engage individuals in the exploration of Jewish life.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, dedicated, self-starter to bring their skills to this key role in Spertus Institute's certificate offerings. The Certificate Coordinator supports administrative functions and program coordination for the non-credit certificate programs. Working closely with departments across the Institute, this role supports the efficient development and implementation of programs and support structures. The person in this role will also have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of certificate offerings. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are a must. Opportunity to think creatively, work collaboratively, and execute plans in an Institution that values thoughtfulness are benefits of this role. The position reports to the Faculty Chair for the Center for Jewish Leadership.
This position is on site at Spertus Institute. Some evening and weekend work when necessary.
Student Liaison for Certificate Programs
• Work with Registrar to enroll students
• Create course sites for certificate module classes
• Oversee communications to students regarding course and seminar information
• Respond to student inquiries with the highest level of customer service
• Send certificates and other materials to students at certificate completion
Faculty Liaison for Certificate Programs
• Support faculty in course preparation
• Be first point of contact for Faculty during on-site seminars
Course Coordination Assistance for Certificate Programs
• Coordinate on-site room setup for onsite courses with operational staff
• Provide event management assistance before, during, and after events (online or at Spertus Institute)
• Assist with zoom meeting support for online courses/programs when needed.
• Coordinate certificate program materials with smooth execution
• Administrative assistance including copying, scanning, filing, and project-based research.
Communications and Research Assistance
• Develop cohort announcements, social media communications, in partnership with the marketing department
• Communicate with Alumni in partnership with Associate Dean of Outreach
• Conduct project – based research, including market and field research about certificate programs
• Prepare data for grant reporting associated with the certificate
• Administrative assistance including copying, scanning, and filing as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Self-starter and team player with ability to work well with diverse constituents including faculty members and adult graduate students
• Experience in one or more - office administration, program coordination, event management
• Zoom platform experience
• Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills
*Please note: Spertus requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination status for employment