Jewish Community of Canton LLC
Building Manager Job Specification
The Jewish Community of Canton LLC (referred to by stakeholders as “the LLC”) is seeking a detail-oriented, highly-organized, flexible and dependable professional to serve as its part-time Building Manager for Beit Ha’am (House of the People). The Building Manager reports to the volunteer President of the LLC, who is one member of a six-person board that is representative of the LLC’s three co-equal partners that share the building.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise the maintenance, administrative and accounting staff, presently totaling 4 people (2 part-time, 2 full-time).
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the 26,000 sq. ft. facility, including scheduling and set-ups.
- Manage building security, including relationships with Canton Police, a shared professional with Jewish Akron, and the Secure Community Network.
- Manage building and catering use by stakeholder members for life-cycle events and programming.
- Manage preventative and ongoing maintenance for building and grounds.
- Manage vendor relationships, purchases and repairs.
- Prepare and manage annual budget with LLC President.
- Prepare and present regular reports to the LLC Directors.
What You’ve Accomplished
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Track record of supervising and motivating staff.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- An ability to manage multiple stakeholders sharing a single facility.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification (can be obtained on-the-job).
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Successful completion of a security background check.
What You’ll Receive
- $20,000 annual salary, paid twice-per-month.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule of ~15 hours per week, including some remotely.
- This is a part-time position without benefits.
Desired Start Date
October 2, 2023
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and three references to: Samuel Wilkof, LLC President, at [email protected]
About the Jewish Community of Canton LLC
The Jewish Community of Canton LLC is a partnership between the Canton Jewish Community Federation, Shaaray Torah Synagogue and Temple Israel. Originally housed in three separate and neighboring facilities, in 2012 these entities consolidated into shared space at 432-30th St. NW in Canton. The shared building is called Beit Ha’am (Hebrew for “House of the People”) and is owned in equal shares by the three and managed by the LLC. The LLC is governed by a six-member board that includes two representatives from each of the partner entities.