About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Overview of Stewardship and Philanthropic Services:
The PLG department serves as the strategic engager of major donors to UJA’s annual campaign. The work of our team is varied and includes myriad programs and events throughout the year to engage and steward UJA’s major donors; much of this engagement is through the major giving societies at the $25K+ gift level. Another core focus of the SPS work involves creating and managing site visits and volunteerism in collaboration with our fundraising colleagues throughout the organization to take UJA donors on a philanthropic journey to understand UJA’s work firsthand. Through these enhanced experiences, donors will learn more about our work, feel more connected to our mission, and ultimately better appreciate the impact of their generosity. In addition, ongoing meetings, donor interactions, and collaborative projects are a central part of our work.
The Development Associate will work with the Director of Stewardship and Philanthropic Services to engage major donors and prospects with UJA in a meaningful way through virtual and/or in-person programming and other forms of engagement. They will work with colleagues throughout the fundraising department, developing meaningful donor experiences, and determining strategic follow-up. They will be responsible for technical execution and logistics for all stewardship events.
· Work cross-departmentally with multiple fundraising divisions to maximize impact of KDS level programming
· Partner with PLG and other fundraisers on major donor engagement
· Manage a successful calendar of events, including missions, briefings, art tours, film screenings, and other unique experiences
· Coordinate event logistics with the support of the Speakers Bureau, Conferences and Banquets, Marketing and Communications, and the Missions department to ensure the success of these programs
· Work collaboratively with colleagues to identify donors that have the potential for upgrade and help to coordinate strategy that would get donors to the $25K+ level
· Provide unique stewardship and recognition opportunities that may include a donor newsletter, Roll of Honor, and other creative ways to show our appreciation
· Utilize existing KDS members to help identify other prospective donors who would also be interested in giving at a major gift level
· Be an integral part of the PLG team, partnering with colleagues on developing strategy to cultivate new and existing donors to the organization
· Analyze data and use it to refine and improve the programming model and evaluate effectiveness
Competencies and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Ability to build strong and genuine relationships with donors and colleagues within and outside of UJA
· Well-versed and knowledgeable on the current events and issues in the Jewish community
· Passion for and deep understanding of UJA-Federation’s mission
· Capacity to be part of a positive team environment
· A self-starter mentality, creative, and innovative
· Incredibly resourceful – strong problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
· Strong organizational skills, including excellent attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Comfortable with use of technology and effective use of databases and systems
· Must be willing to travel occasionally throughout the five boroughs, Westchester, & Long Island
The salary or this role is $60,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.