REMOTE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
We are Secure Community Network (SCN), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) serving as the official safety and security organization of the Jewish community in North America. Here at SCN, we deeply value the team of people that work diligently to commit their lives to action for a better tomorrow and we are excited to add a Communications and Marketing Manager to our organization. If you consider yourself to be an ambitious and self-motivated marketing and communications professional with a desire to dedicate your skills in helping others, this role may be for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Communications and Marketing Manager will report directly to the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer. The selected individual will support efforts in managing day-to-day communications and marketing operations, including external and internal messaging, marketing, news media relations, social media, and multimedia.
Significant responsibilities include:
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to determine communications and marketing needs and develop related strategies
- Write, design, review, edit, and proofread communications and marketing materials to be used in print and digital formats
- Develop and implement effective social media strategies and campaigns
- Oversee the production of communications and marketing materials by colleagues and contractors
- Create or work with graphic designers to create multimedia materials
- Gather feedback from stakeholders to improve future materials
- Work with members of the news media to achieve positive news coverage for the organization
- Use monitoring tools to identify relevant news media publications and social media posts and develop analytics
- Apply and maintains the organization's brand identity and visual and style standards
- Conceptualize and builds concepts for stakeholder engagement and partner presentations
- Other related duties as assigned
WHAT SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS YOU'LL NEED TO EXCEL:
Education and Experience:
- At least five years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations, preferably for nonprofit or government organizations
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, writing, journalism, or a related field required, Master's degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communicator, with fluency in written and spoken U.S. English
- Proficient in editing and proofreading, including the application of AP Style
- Experience designing and implementing successful messaging and marketing campaigns using paid, earned, and social media
- Demonstrated current knowledge of widely used internet-based services and social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Instagram
- Proficient in working with the news media to pitch stories, arrange interviews, provide background information, and craft message points for interview subjects
- Familiarity with news and social media monitoring and reporting platforms
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
- Organized, with attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple assignments as needed, independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to make independent and accurate decisions with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging, and fast-paced organization
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential efforts and documents
- Ability to travel as needed, including by air
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary commensurate to experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package
MORE ABOUT US:
The Secure Community Network (SCN), a nonprofit 501(c)(3), is the official safety and security organization of the Jewish community in North America. Founded in 2004 under the auspices of The Jewish Federations of North America and the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, SCN works on behalf of over 50 national Jewish non-profit organizations, 146 Federations, and over 300 independent communities as well as with other partners in the public, private, non-profit, and academic sectors to ensure the safety, security, and resiliency of the Jewish people. Learn more about us here https://securecommunitynetworks.org/.
Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
SCN has long been a committed leader in adopting, modeling, and encouraging adherence to Jewish values, including advocating for approaches that address issues related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA). Please review our DEIA statement here.