TorahLovingCare (TLC), is a Jewish preschool/child care center located in Rochester, NY. We are seeking an exceptional, experienced Lead Teacher for our Preschool 4 classroom. Candidate’s qualities should include an optimistic attitude, strong work ethic, ability to multitask, reliability, flexibility and a passion & love of working with young children.
- Plan, implement, and supervise a Preschool classroom while remaining consistent with TLC’s policies, philosophy, and curriculum.
- Keep the classroom in compliance with all NYS Regulations.
- Maintain required documentation as required by NYS Regulations.
- Using strong leadership skills to provide proper supervision and task delegation of two assistant teachers.
- Maintain the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor and learning environment of the classroom.
- Develop and maintain a healthy, cooperative relationship with parents as well as fellow staff members.
$40,000 for a 10 month (Sept-June) term of employment
Mon-Thurs 8:15am-3:15pm; Fridays 8:15am-1:15pm. Additional Wrap Around hours (3:15-4:30 pm) may be available.
- 40 paid holidays per school year (Sept-June)
- Shorter workdays than most child care centers
- Paid professional development
- At TorahLovingCare, all teachers and staff work together collaboratively as a team, supporting each other, sharing and implementing new ideas and thus inspiring each other to deliver their best for each child and family.
- Work atmosphere is positive, warm and upbeat, where everyone feels supported, encouraged and appreciated.
Must have the ability to move about the classroom and other areas quickly and easily. In order to allow for physical and visual contact with the children on their level, squatting and frequent sitting on the floor are required. In addition to being able to lift and carry children (up to 30lbs) if necessary, must have the energy and physical fitness to keep up with a classroom of our adorable, active kinderlach.
>>An Associate’s degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or related field.
>> A Child Development Associate Credential or other Office-recognized credential specific to the preschool developmental period, and at least one year of experience related to caring for children.
9 College credits in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field, with a plan of study leading to at least one of the following:
- Child Development Associate Credential
- Other Office-recognized credential specific to the preschool developmental period
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field and two years of experience related to caring for children.