Position: Program Associate
Team: JCC Maccabi
Reports to: Deputy director, JCC Maccabi
JCC Maccabi® is a signature program of JCC Association. Established in 1982, the JCC Maccabi Games have brought more than 140,000 Jewish teens and more than 500,000 host families, volunteers, and spectators together annually for a week of Olympic style events in host communities throughout North America. The program connects teens, JCCs, and communities across North America and around the world, providing opportunities for participants to explore their Jewish identities; develop lasting memories, friendships, and connections; and make a difference in the Jewish world of today and of the future.
Currently, JCC Maccabi is implementing a dynamic new strategy to significantly expand its reach and deepen its impact over the next five years. The strategy’s components include a diversified and expanded program portfolio, greater fundraising achievement, and alliances with partners who can create engagement opportunities beyond the North American summer Games. At the heart of this strategy is a plan to introduce The JCC Maccabi® Quadrennial Games in Israel, which, in partnership with RootOne, will bring 1,000 teens to Israel in 2023.
JCC Association seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to serve as program associate on the JCC Maccabi team. Under the supervision of the deputy director, JCC Maccabi, this full-time position provides high level administrative, operational, and organizational support to the JCC Maccabi program.
Successful candidates are dedicated and competent professionals; possess strong verbal and written communication skills; are highly organized, detail oriented, hardworking; and capable of tackling multiple projects at a time; Candidates should be comfortable in customer/stakeholder-facing roles, enjoy providing behind-the-scenes support, and performing digital and data management work. Candidates also must work well independently and thrive as a committed member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and Operational Program Support
- Provide administrative, clerical, and program support for JCC Maccabi
- Prepare, draft, edit, and distribute correspondence, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Schedule and organize meetings and other departmental activities, domestic and international travel, hotel reservations, and conferences
- Process expense reports and departmental invoices in an accurate and timely manner and according to established accounting procedures
- Provide data entry and management support for event registration, invoicing, and alumni and program records.
- Act as administrative liaison with JCCs, JCC Association departments, and outside agencies for matters related to the JCC Maccabi program
- Work independently and within a team on one-time and ongoing projects, development, and coordination
- Provide program and administrative support for JTeam delegation building, registration, and RootOne grant management and compliance for the 2023 JCC Maccabi Games in Israel
Marketing and Communications
- Liaise with JCC Association’s Marketing and Communications team to ensure creation and fulfillment of all marketing deliverables in support of the JCC Maccabi program, including digital marketing materials, digital platform design and updates (website, social media platforms, event app), program signage/banners, promotional items and swag, awards, medals, and other program supplies
- Manage JCC Maccabi social media strategy and platforms
- Identify, generate content for, and manage digital marketing for website and social media platforms
- Identify and coordinate opportunities for engagement with teens to build JCC Maccabi brand through digital platforms
At the Games
- During the week(s) of JCC Maccabi, provide on-the-ground support to the host community and delegation and JCC Maccabi staff teams in these and other areas: Maccabi central, registration, score reporting, host family/volunteer/spectator customer service and support, data management, and communications (social media, website, app, and others as required)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College graduate
- Familiarity with nonprofits, the North American Jewish community, JCC Maccabi and/or the JCC Movement is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRMs/databases, survey software, social media platforms, and basic website design tools
This position is based in New York City with the expectation of a combination of office and remote work
- Limited travel required from September-June
- Extensive travel required during the summer (July-August)
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship is required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JCC Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early for Shabbat and on the eve of three Jewish holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave, and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
ABOUT JCC ASSOCIATION
JCC Association of North America leads the JCC Movement, which includes more than 170 Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps (JCCs) and is the most expansive platform for Jewish life in the U.S. and Canada. With approximately 12,000 full-time, 24,000 part-time, and 17,000 seasonal professionals, the movement also is the largest employer on North America’s Jewish communal landscape. For more than a century, JCC Association has valued and nurtured the growth of these professionals, along with the movement’s 3,000+ lay leaders, providing them all with a breadth and depth of offerings to help them meet the evolving needs of the 1.5 million weekly in-person and online visitors they serve, including individuals, families, communal groups, and others. By virtue of its size and scope and guided and supported by JCC Association, the JCC Movement dynamically influences efforts to create Jewish community, vibrant Jewish life, and intentional and measurable Jewish outcomes—in local communities and across the continent.
JCC Association is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to Irina Khomina, human resources manager, at [email protected]. No phone c