Maccabi USA is seeking an Associate Development Officer to work both behind-the-scenes and directly with donors to help power Maccabi USA’s development operation. You will work closely with the Development Director, Operations and Program teams, and volunteer committees on all aspects of Maccabi USA’s fundraising efforts, focusing especially on donor stewardship, event planning, direct mail campaigns, bi-annual newsletter drafting, prospect/donor research, database maintenance/reporting, strategy formation, and miscellaneous administrative duties. You should be detail-oriented, collaborative, and a strong communicator who can juggle multiple projects at once. This role reports to the Development Director and works closely with the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives and CEO.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Organize and staff the Development Committee and Stewardship Committee, alongside senior management, to help create fundraising strategy both annually and for our four-year cycle to meet organizational goals.
- Coordinate flow of fundraising campaigns, including direct mail, newsletters, and e-campaigns, collaborating on all aspects including concept, design, and production.
- Monitor fundraising results and expenses and create reports for staff and lay leaders.
- Maintain donor tracking system and update website as needed.
- Coordinate stewardship of donors and manage gift recognition programs.
- Research prospective donors (individuals, foundations, and corporations) and assist in grant writing process.
- Facilitate donor meetings.
- Develop strategies to connect with parents and alumni, including parlor meetings and other engagement events.
- Oversee production of development materials including newsletters, pamphlets, annual reports, giving opportunities, etc.
- Take on occasional program responsibilities as part of the Maccabi USA professional team, including helping with events like our annual Philadelphia Golf Tournament fundraiser.
- Help deliver training on fundraising best practices to Board, volunteers, and professionals.
- Occasional travel required.
- Occasional events on nights/weekends.
Skills and qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Social media and computer savvy, especially with spreadsheets.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or another CRM database preferred.
- Skilled at managing multiple concurrent projects through to success.
- Ability to recognize and respond to change in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong donor and volunteer service mentality.
- Detail-oriented and creative self-starter who is also an effective collaborator with others.
- 2+ years work experience preferred.
This is the job for you if:
- You believe in the power of sports to build Jewish pride, identity, community, and connection to Israel.
- You like working in a collaborative team environment.
- You have the computer/technical skills and strategic mind to increase office efficiency.
- You can handle a mix of administrative back-end work and face-to-face donor interaction.
This is a full-time position based out of our office in Philadelphia.
About Maccabi USA
Maccabi USA is a not-for-profit 501-(c)(3) organization located in Philadelphia. We develop, promote, and support international, national, and regional Jewish sporting activities to build Jewish pride, identity, community, and connection to Israel. We provide Jewish athletes around the world the opportunity to share their heritage and customs through programming that embodies the Maccabi ideals of Jewish continuity, Zionism, and excellence in sport.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by March 21, 2023.