Would you like to be part of a team who believes that data, learning, and community building is at the core of achieving their mission? Would you like to use your Salesforce skills to build solutions and strategies that make that mission possible? If so, then GatherDC could be that incredible team looking for you. As GatherDC's Salesforce consultant for years, OpenTent is helping to hire and train GatherDC's first full-time staff member focused on Salesforce success. When you apply to this position, you will hear back from OpenTent and meet with GatherDC later on in the hiring process if you move forward. Good luck!
GatherDC is the central platform for post-college/pre-family Jewish life across the DC-area and is building one of the most dynamic and inclusive cities for millennial and Gen Z Jewish life. We strengthen the fabric of Jewish life throughout the DMV, facilitating innovative opportunities for meaningful and relevant Jewish learning and stewarding relationships to help Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to each other. We work with the rich network of Jewish communal synagogues, JCCs, and institutions to help them best serve young Jewish adults, and we champion relationship-based engagement, understanding that a thriving Jewish ecosystem is only as strong as the relationships we build with individuals and with the wider community.
GatherDC is seeking a full-time Salesforce Administrator to lead our Salesforce engineering, user support, and growth. In order to scale, our GatherDC team needs efficient and effective systems in place that help us do our work. We are looking for the person who is going to build those systems for us, and help our staff use those systems every day.
As GatherDC's Salesforce Manager, you will lead improving and growing our systems. You will collaborate with and learn from our long-time Salesforce consultants. In your day-to-day work you will listen to users, proactively identify and prioritize Salesforce user needs, resolve emergent support requests, build and user test new features, maintain documentation, lead user adoption and training, and liaise with Salesforce stakeholders across the GatherDC team.
You can work in our Washington DC office or work remotely. This position reports to GatherDC’s Engagement Director and supports Salesforce users across GatherDC’s departments. Everyone at GatherDC has a role in Salesforce success. Here is a deeper look into yours:
- Manage our Salesforce support request system, which our staff use to communicate Salesforce issues and ideas to you. This includes prioritizing, resolving and responding to users’ needs related to: data uploads, report/dashboard creation, form creation, new automations and flows, better user experience design, bug fixes, forgotten passwords, process improvement, etc.
- Collect requirements, build, test and launch improvements and new features in our Salesforce. This includes creating reports and dashboards, managing user permissions, improving user experience, developing processes and automation, expanding our data model, integrating forms, etc.
- Collaborate with your teammates to analyze and tell stories of our impact from our data. Maintain the integrity of our data reliability and cleanliness.
- Manage our Salesforce integrations. The third party tools we use are: FormAssembly, Campaign Monitor, and some Skuid. This includes creating forms to integrate with our Salesforce, and supporting users to send email campaigns. Research and integrate third-party tools when needed (i.e. Asana, Slack, etc.).
- Understand the latest updates in the Salesforce ecosystem and implications for our software. Take action to minimize impact and communicate opportunities.
Relationship Building Responsibilities
- Support our users to user adoption success. This includes building trusting and supportive relationships with staff, facilitating user testing, onboarding new staff to Salesforce, maintaining our knowledge base of Salesforce documentation and videos, and facilitating trainings and 1:1s.
- Liaise with GatherDC leadership to raise flags and clear roadblocks to user adoption success.
- Serve as the relationship lead with OpenTent, our Salesforce consultants. Work closely with them to set Salesforce priorities, build tools, and support users. Learn from them to deepen your technical and strategic Salesforce skills.
- Stay engaged with the nonprofit Salesforce community to develop and grow generative connections and learnings for GatherDC.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Actively listen in our team’s communication channels to distill what our users need from Salesforce to do their jobs efficiently and effectively. Keep those user needs organized in our project management backlog.
- Work with our Salesforce consultants to set quarterly goals. Collaborate with them to scope, build, and launch Salesforce features in 2-week agile sprints.
- Manage competing Salesforce priorities. Manage feature and timeline expectations with your teammates. Flag risks to Salesforce project success.
- 2+ years of Salesforce experience either as a power user or Admin. This means you have spent time running reports, navigating the Setup menu of Salesforce, and/or helping others learn Salesforce, ideally on a daily basis. If you have experience managing another CRM that is not Salesforce and are willing to learn quickly, we encourage you to apply.
- Being a Certified Admin is a plus, but if you already have those skills and just haven’t taken the test yet, we’d still love to see your application.
- 1+ years of experience with nonprofits (either as a professional or volunteer) is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to translate technical jargon to non-technical stakeholders.
- Project management, organizational skills, and commitment to follow through.
- Passion for GatherDC’s mission and organizational values that guide our work
- We offer a competitive salary ranging from $75,000–$80,000, commensurate with experience.
- We are excited to have you join us at the GatherDC townhouse in Dupont Circle on a hybrid basis if you’re local, or set you up with a comfy workspace if you’re remote.
- We provide amazing benefits, including robust employer-sponsored healthcare options, generous discretionary and sick leave, retirement matching, an annual professional development stipend, and more.
- Submit your resume and briefly respond to the prompts in the application form on this page.
- Applicants who move forward will receive a timed exercise (to be completed within a 48 hour period and submitted online).
- Join a 30-minute Zoom interview with OpenTent (Round 1).
- Join a 45-minute Zoom interview with GatherDC (Round 2).
- Join a 30-minute Zoom interview with GatherDC (Round 3).
- Further interviews with OpenTent or GatherDC as needed.
- Submit professional references.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish organizations. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. GatherDC is an equal opportunity employer.