The Aleph Institute, a non-profit organization with approximately a $10 million budget, seeks an experienced Finance Controller to undertake various aspects of financial management at the organization, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, and the development of internal control policies and procedures. The Finance Controller will work closely with the Chief Finance Officer. This is a full-time, Miami-based, in-office position.
We are seeking a leader with experience working in a Finance related role in the nonprofit or social services sector who can be a self-starter. Strong applicants will have a passion that aligns with the spiritual, social, and societal goals that Aleph espouses, specifically guided by the Lubavitcher Rebbe’s teachings and Orthodox/Chabad Chassidic Judaism.
- Manage accounting operations including Billing, Reporting, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, and Budget creation.
- Assess and authorize the money being spent with each department across the organization
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional duties as necessary, such as decision-making on contracts for the organization, negotiating with vendors, etc.
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller or similar role
- 4+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- An advanced degree in Accounting is preferable
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong leadership skills
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
The Aleph Institute is an equal opportunity employer.