As the only Jewish Special Education school accredited by the prestigious Middle States Association of Primary and Secondary Schools, SINAI Schools is widely recognized as one of the country’s leading Jewish schools for children with disabilities and special needs. Established over 40 years ago, SINAI currently operates eight schools, including two elementary schools and four high schools in NJ and two elementary schools in NY, all of which are integrated within a regular education Jewish partner school.
SINAI Schools is seeking an experienced, committed, and dynamic Director of Communications to lead the organization’s communications and public relations. The Director of Communications will develop and coordinate SINAI School's communications strategy, overseeing all messaging and efforts to broaden enrollment, fundraising, and overall impression of the institution in the world at large. The Director of Communications will report to SINAI’s Associate Managing Director, and will serve an integral role within the organization’s professional staff.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic collaborator and a skilled communicator with exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills, a drive to achieve results, and a passionate belief in the importance of Jewish special education.
- In coordination with senior management, oversee all messaging having to do with SINAI Schools, including:
- All written communications to the public
- Social media, including all posts by or about SINAI on a variety of social media platforms
- SINAI’s website and blog
- Earned media, including fostering relationships with media outlets
- Webinars presented by SINAI and interviews and presentations given by SINAI staff
- All promotional material, including brochures and advertising
- Directly manage and supervise the communications team
- Collaborate on fundraising messaging with the development team, including fundraising advertising, grant applications, written solicitations to donors, and messaging at fundraising events
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of SINAI’s website, including coordination with the external website development team and all content, and eblast system
- Plan and coordinate all PR/Communications aspects of SINAI’s annual benefit dinner PR, including: invitations, solicitation eblasts and letters, print and social media advertising, press releases, earned media, dinner website, and honoree bios
- Plan and coordinate the program presented at SINAI’s annual benefit dinner, including:
- Oversee creation of short documentary and other video content
- Write all speeches
- Plan all audio and visual components of the dinner, including coordinating with the A/V company to create a seamless production and arrange for and coordinate volunteers
- Coordinate gifts to honorees
- Direct and coordinate with outside vendors, including: social media/advertising consultants, website developers, video/film production company, and dinner vendors
- Coordinate photo and video shoots at all schools
- Support individual SINAI schools with design requests, as needed
- In coordination with the Director of Development and educational staff, plan annual student art shows
- Propose and implement new communications initiatives
- Prepare and oversee departmental budget
- Go home every day feeling like you made the world a better place
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years of senior communications experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing staff: recognizing team members’ needs, setting tasks and timelines, and overseeing productivity
- Experience managing both intimate and large-scale events, from inception to execution
Qualified minorities and/or women are encouraged to apply; EEO.
Please send resumes to [email protected].