Gather, Inc. Operations Coordinator
Gather, Inc.’s Operations Coordinator will be an integral member of a growing national platform’s three-person operations team, supporting our national organization with essential administrative, financial, and operational tasks to help drive consistency and excellence in our national work.
This is an entry-level position. We are looking for a hyper-organized, enthusiastic individual who is excited to join an innovative grassroots Jewish nonprofit organization poised for national growth. This position comes with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
TITLE: Operations Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, September 30th, 2022
LOCATION: Remote (EST hours preferred)
Frequently cited statistics show that historical biases in hiring lead to less applications from women and underrepresented groups unless they have 100% of the qualifications. GatherDC is committed to removing bias in hiring; as such, we encourage you to break that statistic and apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications! We look forward to your application.
WHO WE ARE:
Growing from the success of hyperlocal GatherDC’s relational engagement methodology, Gather, Inc. is a new project that trains change agents in the Jewish community to bring a relationship-centered approach to every aspect of their work, prioritizing the quality of Jewish connections and experiences over attendance. Our lived commitment to this relational methodology enables our clients to become ongoing partners in helping people access and create meaningful Jewish life wherever they seek it.
WHO YOU ARE:
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Operations but working closely with the Director of People and Culture and Senior Director of Development, the Operations Coordinator will be a key player in ensuring our day-to-day operational systems function smoothly and effectively to support connecting hundreds of young adults in the DMV and around the country to one another, to Jewish opportunities, and to a more meaningful adult Jewish identity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Help maintain financial health of Gather, Inc.
- Assist the Senior Director of Operations with monthly financial reconciliations.
- Generate and process advertising and space rental invoices.
- Perform basic Quickbooks entry and upkeep as needed.
- Keep Salesforce up-to-date with all incoming grants and receivables.
- Ensure timely deposits of all incoming checks and payments.
- Run regular reports to assist in receivables collections.
Support fundraising and stewardship efforts
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Development to support fundraising efforts.
- Ensure regular input of prospect and stewardship tasks, meetings, and information in our Salesforce database.
- Support timely gift acknowledgments and donor communications.
- Maintain organized report library in Salesforce.
General administrative support
- Assist Director of People and Culture with processing and screening candidates during hiring cycles.
- Screen incoming calls and emails, take messages, and coordinate prompt responses with staff.
- Serve as primary contact for landlord communications as needed.
- Coordinate external space rental requests.
- Resolve administrative workflow problems by identifying bottlenecks and communicating solutions.
- You have 1 to 3 years of professional experience.
- Salesforce (or equivalent CRM) proficiency preferred.
- You’re self-motivated, working equally well independently as well as part of a team.
- You understand the necessity for discretion while handling sensitive personal or financial information.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You’re an independent self-starter. You are able to ideate and take action with minimal direction, and are highly motivated by successfully achieving your objectives. You’re comfortable with sitting in discomfort while you work through problems, and you’re able to move past roadblocks or difficulties to find alternative solutions to reach your goals.
- You exercise sound judgment and are able to think critically. You can identify and process the individual elements of a task, issue, or challenge in order to develop the best possible solution or path forward. You consider the various different perspectives when solving problems.
- You’re detail-oriented. You are thorough, accurate, and organized, and things rarely fall through the cracks. You’re able to see all pieces of the puzzle, and are not afraid to ask follow-up questions to get to the root of a problem
- You’re excellent with time management. You can easily prioritize competing projects and priorities, and know what systems you need in place to effectively multitask and finish assigned projects by or before deadlines are due.
- You’re resourceful. You successfully leverage personal experience, research, and the tools and information available to do what needs to happen to get the job done, and are able to think outside the box to redefine what “possible” looks like.
- You’re adaptable. You’re an eager learner and are comfortable sitting with ambiguity as you work through a problem—but are not afraid to ask for guidance when you get stuck. You don’t mind putting on different hats to help move the team and the work forward, and are able to adjust to changing circumstances with a positive attitude and willingness to dive in.
PLEASE APPLY IF:
- You are excited to get in on the ground floor of a new project and be an instrumental piece of building it as it grows.
- You enjoy change and creativity.
- You are an awesome human being.
BENEFITS & SALARY:
- We offer a competitive salary ranging from $50,000–$55,000, commensurate with experience.
- We provide amazing benefits, including robust employer-sponsored healthcare options, generous discretionary and sick leave, retirement matching, an annual professional development stipend, and more.
- While you may be asked to travel to the DC office a few times a year, we are fully set up for 100% remote work and will provide a one-time stipend to make sure you have what you need for a comfy home workspace.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We know the job application process is never a walk in the park, but we try to make our hiring process as transparent and painless as possible. While we cannot have a conversation with every applicant, we commit to reaching out to every single person who crosses our screen to let them know where they stand in the process within a timely manner (this usually looks like one business week). We recognize the time and effort it takes to prepare and submit this application, and we appreciate your consideration of this role.
For everyone looking for a peek behind the curtain, here’s what our general process will look like:
Role is live and accepting applications.
Qualified candidates will receive an invitation for a 15-minute phone screen.
Candidates who advance to the interview stage will have a 45-minute interview with Gather, Inc.’s Senior Director of Operations.
Late September - Early October
Candidates who advance to the next stage will have a 45-minute interview with Gather, Inc.’s Director of People & Culture.
Hiring Manager will check references (2-3 requested).
Offer will be extended!
You’ve made it to the bottom. Ready to apply!?!
Please submit your resume and cover letter at this link; we are unable to accept applications via email at this time. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Contact [email protected] with any questions.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish organizations. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.