Job title: Google Workspace Manager & Data Associate
Reports to: Director of Informational & Instructional Technology
Schedule: 40 hour work week
Since 1927, the Yeshivah of Flatbush has stood at the forefront of American Jewish education and has set the standard of excellence emulated by other academic institutions. It has imbued its students with a thirst for knowledge, a commitment toTorah and Zionism, a love of the Hebrew language and the dedication to serve the greater Jewish and secular communities. The school philosophy is a synthesis of Judaic studies, liberal arts and extracurricular activities that places great emphasis on the students' character development. It has evolved into a unique complement of Jewish and American values that focuses on all aspects of education and enables our graduates to meet the challenges of college and life. In the years to come, we look forward to continuing the traditions of excellence, innovation and leadership that have made us a world-renowned institution.
The mission of the Yeshivah of Flatbush is to:
- EMPOWER our students to develop exceptional character and intellect.
- EDUCATE through a rigorous Torah b'Ivrit and General Studies program with a robust set of co-curricular opportunities in a supportive and nurturing environment.
- INSPIRE a love for and commitment to Torah U'Mitzvot, Medinat Yisrael, and Klal Yisrael with responsibility to advance the welfare of all humanity.
Google Workspace Manager & Data Associate assists with onboarding/offboarding staff with Google accounts, manages Google Groups and maintains our Google Accounts. In addition, using our K-12 Student Information System, manages the collection, analysis, and dissemination of school, staff, student, and instructional data, enters data into and extracts data from system-wide and school-wide databases, compiles and analyzes data, troubleshoots data issues, prepares reports, and supports users of the systems. Use Advanced Excel Skills: V-Look Up, Pivot Tables, Mail Merge. This position will be responsible for the data management of the Student Information System (Rediker), eMail system (Google for Education/Workspace), Financial system (Finacs), Donation system (Sustain), Health system (Snap), Library system (Follett) and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and utilize electronic student information databases and other databases used by the organization.
- Google for Education Manager – onboarding and offboarding new staff, creating and updating Google Groups.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Work with vendor helpdesk and support techs in resolving data issues.
- Perform data updates and upgrades as needed.
- Import, export and data accuracy a plus.
- Prepare timely and accurate responses to data requests from school and administrative personnel.
- Participate in training to remain current on data sources, data analysis techniques, and strategies for developing and conducting presentations.
- Provide information and training to school and office personnel on the use of the student information system and application of data from the system.
- Assist Director of Information and Instructional Technology in data projects and other duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of data management, policies, and procedures.
- Skilled at analyzing, interpreting, and using data to collaborate, and identify best practices and areas for improvement.
- General knowledge of computers, statistics, student data management systems, and various operating systems. SQL, Crystal Reports, Rediker, Google Admin are a plus.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with data entry.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors or omissions.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Demonstrate experience with data entry, database management, data auditing, and data analysis is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps and other standard business technology is required.
- Must be extremely attentive to detail and highly self-motivated, with ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrate ability to complete activities/projects in a timely manner, on or before scheduled deadlines, with minimal errors.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Preferred degree in Database Management, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.)
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 depending on level of education, years of experience and employment history.
Send cover letter and resume to: Dr. Christine Coleman, Director of IT & Instructional Technology [email protected]