New England Jewish Academy, an Early Childhood -12th grade Orthodox day school in the vibrant West Hartford, CT Jewish community, is looking for a High School Judaic Studies teacher. This is a full time position with ample prep time during the day. The subjects to be taught include Chumash, Gemara, Navi, Dinim and Israeli History. There is also a full-time or part-time teaching position for a spouse, as well. The ideal candidate will:
The ideal candidate will
- Inspire our students, infusing them with a love of Torah and Eretz Yisrael.
- Bring out the unique strengths of each and every student, and challenge them to achieve their potential.
- Make learning real and relevant in the modern world that we live in.
- Cultivate positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Serve as a role model for our students outside of school in the community.
- Plan, prepare and deliver active learning experiences.
- Develop a positive, engaging educational environment for students.
- Provide an environment that encourages participation, recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group, and offer support and flexibility as needed.
- Welcome feedback and engage in ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Seek out research-based practices and programs to experiment with and implement.
- Work as part of a cooperative team of educators and administrators to advance the mission of NEJA.
Candidates should have a commitment to help students develop the skills and critical thinking abilities they will need to grow as learners. The ideal candidate will have an interest in professional growth and a commitment to continuous learning. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is preferred.
New England Jewish Academy is a caring, nurturing and forward-thinking school. The work environment is collaborative with teacher input playing a significant role in all aspects of the school. The West Hartford Jewish Community is a fast-growing Orthodox community just a two hour drive from NY with several Orthodox shuls, a large Kosher supermarket, a Mikveh and many other amenities. It is a very friendly and welcoming community which values educators and supports them in many ways.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits package included.