Westchester Summer Day located on the Long Island Sound in Mamaroneck, NY on a 26- acre campus.
Our 500 campers come from all over Westchester County, NYC, and beyond to spend their summer at our program. We are a service-driven day camp program for the Jewish community, providing superior staff leader to child ratio, flexible scheduling, a daily hot lunch, and a wide variety of summer activities including swimming, boating, challenge course featuring a climbing wall and full ropes course, nature programs, arts & crafts, music, sports and lots more.
- General Office Support and Communication:
- Organizing the summer office, daily sorting, and distribution of mail to families and staff, coordinating incoming deliveries, and sending out mailings
- Making positive impressions as the first person whom parents and donors see and speak with when they come to Westchester Summer Day
- Develop marketing and communication strategies and plans that advance WSD and drive increased engagement with prospective and current families.
- Give prompt responsiveness to inquiries and requests from all parties
- Customer service:
- servicing camper families and prospective customers including daily communication (phone and email)
- provide Westchester Summer Day information to families and respond via email and phone to inquiries
- Represents Westchester Summer Day at events (Open Houses and Community Fairs)
Assist sales, marketing, personnel, and other areas of program
- Summer Scheduling
- Communications and Social Media
- Obtain permits and certificates of insurance for all trips, rental, traveland vendors
- Prepare all essential documents in advance of Board of Health and ACA accreditation
- Summer Transportation:
- Address parent concerns and questions
- Appoint bus counselors
- Managing lost and found
- Keep records on summer staff absences for payroll and bonuses
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Should possess high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively, self-driven and motivated, quick learner
- Superior customer service and telephone etiquette
- Must be extremely dependable and be able to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects to meet deadlines and manage activities of a busy office
- Understanding social media and its ability to be used as a recruitment tool
- Working knowledge of Campminder, Canva, Google and Microsoft Suites
- Keen attention to detail
Westchester Summer Day has a small year-round summer staff. This position requires flexibility, a willingness to learn new skills and take on responsibilities outside the Registrar's published job description when needed.