Religious School Teacher 2022-2023
The Joseph & Belle Braun Anshe Emet Religious School is looking for teachers and substitute teachers for the 22-23 school year.
All applicants should be willing to:
- Participate in training
- Grow in pedagogy and technology skills
- Make the move to teaching online from teaching face-to-face
- Embrace oneself as a life-long learner
- Allot time to learn about online learning and how to teach online
- Experiment with technologies
Should be Comfortable with:
- Jewish learning and text
- Communicating with parents and school staff via email
- Willing to use a written curriculum while using creativity to make the classroom your own.
Successful candidates will have a passion for teaching a diverse student population and a willingness to experiment with new ways of learning. We need teachers who can meet our students where they are and lead them to a love of Jewish knowledge and a connection to community.
Join our dedicated and dynamic faculty, and work in a school and Conservative congregation that is welcoming, progressive, and diverse in Chicago’s bustling Lakeview neighborhood on the north side of Chicago
Sunday 9am - 12pm
Thursday 4:15pm - 6:15pm
Additional online opportunities may be available in a group setting on Monday 5:00-7:00
**opportunities and teaching times may change due to COVID accommodations.
Interested Applicants should email their resume to Rabbi D’ror Chankin-Gould [email protected]
About Anshe Emet Synagogue:
Anshe Emet Synagogue is a sophisticated urban congregation with a diverse, multi-generational membership. We are one of the oldest Conservative congregations in Chicago. Founded in 1873, we have a long history of being a center for Torah study, cultural activity, and advocacy for Israel and social justice. We offer a collegial environment that is member-centered and guided by the Jewish calendar, Jewish culture, and Jewish traditions.