Hebrew Academy Miami is looking for an experienced Development Director.
In this role, you will:
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with parents, alumni, grandparents, faculty, foundations, and community organizations.
- Develop a portfolio and management plan of major gift donors that will be evaluated on an ongoing basis; foster positive and enduring relationships that produce reciprocal benefits.
- Design, implement, and lead all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, grants, and other school-related solicitations.
- Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
- Identify corporate sponsorship and foundation funding opportunities and help draft grant applications.
- Prepare and arrange production for solicitation materials (direct mailings, solicitations, e-blasts etc.) in conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Communications
- Develop and implement parent and class-based fundraising programs within the Annual Fund.
- Develop a comprehensive planned-giving program.
- Develop fundraising training for Board and other leadership volunteers.
- Assume responsibility for all development reports to the Board and other agencies.
- Oversee the management of databases and all records, files, and gift processing.
- Ensures regular communications and stewardship with donors, including re-solicitations, proper acknowledgement of gifts and pledge payments, reporting, gift in kind documentation (when appropriate), visiting, and providing regular information on the progress.
- Manage and maintain the alumni database.
- Organize and support an alumni association, alumni events, collect news and information about the members of the alumni for publication, and keep accurate records of the school’s alumni.
- Create office systems to support all Development projects and operations.
We believe you have:
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years professional fundraising experience, preferably in a Jewish environment.
- Proven experience in designing and managing development and alumni relations programs; strong organizational skills and discipline in stewarding donor information and database records.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards with the ability to act with discretion, self assurance and diplomacy. Professional judgment in ensuring the strictest confidentiality of donor information.
- Ideally, knowledge and understanding of the Jewish philanthropic communities in Miami and across South Florida that supports Jewish community, Jewish education, Israel, and innovative thinking. An ability to expand beyond South Florida donors and seek out grants and gifts from philanthropists throughout the United States.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with donors, parents, administrators and faculty;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
- Willingness and desire to attend evening/weekend programming activities in order to cultivate and steward relationships with key donors and prospects.
Our mission: Through the light of Torah and academic excellence, the Hebrew Academy inspires each and every child to improve the world. For more information about us, please visit www.hebrewacademymiami.org.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, medical insurance, retirement plan, relocation, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please apply online (at http://bit.ly/hebrew-academy-miami-development-director-opening) as soon as possible for immediate consideration or email Lydia Musher at [email protected] with any questions. Thank you!