About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
The Development/Events Account Manager is the main point of contact in the JNF regional administrative center (Internally known as Center of Excellence aka CoE) for Fundraisers and other professionals nationally, to ensure organizational excellence, effectiveness, and efficiency.
This role is that of a project manager for Virtual and In-person events, administrative projects and other related projects and tasks. Qualified candidates will be strategic thinkers who will also participate in the tactical side of the aforementioned, along with the events team to support their fundraising partners successfully. As both a leader an integral part of the core team, you are willing and able to step into the execution to make sure everything is fulfilled as necessary.
This position will work directly with the Fundraisers in Northern Ohio, Ohio Valley and Western PA (please note that territories are fluid and may be changed or added at any time).
This position can be based in Jewish National Fund's Northbrook, IL, Cleveland or Cincinnati office.
Be the main point of contact for Northern Ohio, Ohio Valley and Western PA Fundraisers to ensure all needs are met and smooth workflow is established including:
- Accomplishes results by leveraging systems, policies and procedures
- Ensures that office operations and procedures are running smoothly for Fundraisers in Northern Ohio, Ohio Valley and Western PA
- Project manager for Virtual and In-person Events and other projects within Northern Ohio, Ohio Valley and Western PA
- Assigns and monitors administrative functions related to these regional projects
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning and monitoring job results, enforcing systems, policies and procedures
- Involved in recruitment, hiring and training of CoE staff within Northern Ohio, Ohio Valley and Western PA including managing, evaluating, coaching and disciplining
- Works closely with the National Director of Events and other Events staff along with other COE staff when necessary to ensure successful events
- Travel to events within your assigned region and be available to work evenings and weekends on as needed basis
- Works with the Marketing Manager to ensure any new campaigns adhere to Marketing guidelines and follows associated rules
- Maintains up-to-date information on all aspects of operations for campaign and support staff to provide additional assistance and fill-in when necessary
- Maintains organizational continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and needs
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submits information for budget preparation, schedules expenditures, monitors costs
- Provides administrative support to the National Campaign Director, Midwest as needed
- Works with IT department to ensure proper set up and training for incoming staff
- Be a key member of the Midwest Region Team participating in all Team meetings
- CoE Director may be assigned different departments or regions to work with if necessary
- Any further duties assigned from your supervisor, which may not be listed above
- 5+ years administrative and event/project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Analytical and teambuilding skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and listening
- Excellent time management skills
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects
- Must be comfortable with various software products
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends on as needed basis
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another database program a plus
- Candidates must have a valid US driver's license, access to a car and personal credit card to use for travel (documented expenses are reimbursed per company policy)
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary will depend on experience level, but can fall within the range of $60,000-65,000.