Woodbury Jewish Center is a rapidly growing, vibrant, inclusive egalitarian conservative congregation in Woodbury, NY. We are hiring multiple teachers for the 2023-2024 school year. Our innovative religious school is committed to Jewish learning that is reflective, inspirational, and transformative. Our students take pride in their Jewish heritage, and act upon their beliefs. If you love Judaism and teaching children and would like to join a young and vibrant community of learners, come be a part of our school!
We are searching for:
- Kindergarten Classroom Teacher for Sunday Mornings
- 1st Grade Classroom Teacher for Sunday Mornings
- 2nd Grade Classroom Teacher for Sunday Mornings
- 4th Grade Teacher Wednesdays in person/ Sunday mornings virtual
- 5th Grade Teacher Sunday mornings in person/ Wednesdays virtual
- 6th Grade Teacher Wednesdays in person/ Sunday mornings virtual
Our program runs on Wednesday afternoons from 4:15-6:30pm and Sunday mornings from 9:00-11:30am. The academic year starts September 10, 2023.
- Collaborate with school administration and other faculty members to create innovative and meaningful Jewish learning experiences, both in and out of the classroom.
- Prepare creative, interactive lessons as part of a well-structured curriculum.
- Regularly communicate with families outside of school hours.
As a member of our faculty, you will:
- Provide a sense of caring and concern that enables our students to support one another and challenge them to grow as individuals and members of a Jewish Community.
- Inspire students and their families to actively engage in an active Jewish life.
- Receive mentoring to grow as an educator as part of a staff of reflective practitioners.
Ideal candidates have the following qualifications:
- Experience teaching students in elementary grades in a formal or informal setting.
- Comfortable teaching via Zoom in an engaging manner
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach Hebrew, Bible, Jewish history, and holidays incorporating arts, drama, movement or media.
- Comfortable teaching in a Conservative Jewish congregation to a diverse student body.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume with references to Dr. Rachel Treshan at : [email protected]