ABOUT THE ROLE:
Temple Micah, a vibrant and creative Reform congregation of over 600 families in Washington, DC, is seeking an Operations Associate. The Operations Associate is a critical member of the administrative team and works with the executive director to manage the day-to-day operations of Temple Micah’s office and building. This work requires collaboration with all of the staff, as well as regular engagement with Temple members and visitors to the building. Due to the nature of this job, it is not eligible for remote or tele-work and requires working on some Sunday mornings and occasionally on evenings or weekends. Our workweek is 38 hours.
As soon as position filled.
Office management (40%)
- Manages office services and accounts, including phones, copiers, IT providers, and mail
- Manages office supplies, including ordering and maintaining inventory
- Purchases and maintains other supplies related to both programmatic and administrative needs
- Coordinates with staff regarding visitors to building, including greeting visitors and tracking who is in the building
- Answers inquiries that come in through the general phone number
Building management (40%)
- Manages building services and accounts, including utilities, grounds maintenance, HVAC, and security systems
- Maintains calendar of building usage and coordinates with staff and members regarding set up needs, including audio-visual needs
- Serves as a point of contact with custodial staff
- Works with custodial staff to make sure building maintenance is ongoing
Administrative support (20%)
- Provides administrative support for staff, board, and programmatic meetings
- Other administrative tasks, as assigned by the Executive Director
- Preferred 2-3 years of office and/or building management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with volunteers and staff with a wide range of skills, communication styles, and interests
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and Google Suites, and virtual technology platforms.
- Preferred experience with audio/visual technology and IT support.
- Strong work ethic and integrity, and able to work independently with little supervision
- Motivation, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
- Strong sense of initiative and demonstrated ability to exercise agility
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- The salary range for this job is $45,000-50,000, depending on experience
- Health, vision, dental, and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Generous paid time off and federal holidays
- Values-aligned work environment
- This is a full-time, exempt position
Please email a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with preference given to applications submitted by December 10, 2021. Temple Micah members are not eligible to apply.
Temple Micah seeks diversity, equity, and inclusion in its staff. We invite applicants with diverse backgrounds, identities, and skills, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religious denominations, gender, sexuality, ability, and neurodiversity.