Congregation Kol Shofar in Tiburon, CA seeks an experienced Individual Giving Manager to oversee the strategy and implementation of its annual giving programs. The position focuses on strategic moves management; managing annual campaign appeals and stewardship; and collaborating on donor communication and events. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial and a committed strong team player who is excited about taking our shul’s solid annual giving program to the next level.
About Kol Shofar: We are a dynamic congregation rooted in Jewish tradition, yet embracing innovations that enrich contemporary Jewish life. We work in partnership with many organizations in Marin to create meaningful accessible experiences of learning, prayer, service and celebration. We encourage a strong and welcoming community and help people of all ages and diverse backgrounds to live purposeful lives and improve the world.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, Clergy and Development Committee, help develop a strategic roadmap to increase annual revenue and donor acquisition/retention by: analyzing donor data, cultivating donor relationships, and creating opportunities for connection.
- In partnership with the Communications Manager, develop strategy for multi-channel communications to connect various donor segments (e.g. families with children under 5, Sunday school families, seniors) with the institution. Work in conjunction with the Communications Manager to ensure implementation.
Major Donor Initiative:
- Work with Executive Director and Development Committee to plan and implement a streamlined major donor process that incorporates Kol Shofar’s annual fundraising initiatives (membership, annual appeal, Gala, and special projects).
- Act as primary liaison and support for clergy and volunteer solicitors/stewards, including calendaring/tickler assistant and contact planning/prep to ensure timely and effective stewardship.
- With Volunteer Annual Appeal Chair, develop appeal messaging and implement campaign.
- Develop and implement shorter-term strategies to address immediate strengths and weaknesses of the annual giving program through a variety of means, including but not limited to: donor data analysis, targeted messages, and personal contact.
- With the volunteer Gala Committee, lead and manage Kol Shofar’s annual fundraising gala, including staffing the event committee, managing vendors and managing all tasks related to the event from ideation to execution and strike.
- Work with Executive Director and Development Committee to plan and implement donor stewardship and cultivation events.
- As needed, work with the program staff to help facilitate and/or attend Kol Shofar holiday services, celebrations and events.
- Develop and implement identification/cultivation/solicitation/stewardship efforts targeted toward key donor constituencies including: alumni, parents, community members.
- Assess impact of donor engagement activities, adjusting and refining as needed.
- Prepare grant proposals and reports for individual donors, foundations, and other funders
- Develop and promote a culture of philanthropy including creativity, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement
- Serve as primary point of contact for donor database tracking, including assisting with staff training on CRM content entry. Optimize data system usage for campaign reporting, donor research, prospecting, and wealth screenings to identify and qualify new donors, and ensure donor database accuracy, consistency
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Expertise and proven success: implementing a comparable annual giving program using best practices and strategies, planning and leading events, applying written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate expertise in the implementation of annual giving principles, best practices and strategies with successful outcomes
- Outstanding analytical skills and a keen understanding and interpretation of data to enhance strategic thinking and goal-setting, and a high-level capability in all analytical EXCEL functions, Microsoft Word, and Powerpoint.
- Working knowledge of fundraising software e.g. Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, DonorPerfect , ShulCloud, or similar.
The Ideal Candidate
- A creative, self-directed, team player who demonstrates an enthusiastic, problem-solving approach to their work and profession
- A strong desire to represent and communicate the institution's mission and connection to Judaism in a way that inspires community members to invest in Kol Shofar
- A consummate professional who is accustomed to being discreet with highly confidential information, and is fully committed to ethical fundraising practices
- Availability to work in-person and remotely, and periodically outside of normal schedule for evening, occasional weekend, and holidays
- Curiosity, sense of humor, flexibility, desire for growth and learning
Reports To: Executive Director
Schedule: Full Time preferred; Part-Time an option for the right candidate
Compensation: Depending on Experience
Benefits: Medical, dental + vision plans; paid holidays, vacation + sick leave
To Apply: Email Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Congregation Kol Shofar is an equal opportunity employer.