Temple Beth Shalom seeks a dynamic, dedicated part-time Preschool teacher.
Be part of our small, intimate Shabbat school (Saturdays: 9:00am - 12:00pm) who supports the whole child through a developmentally appropriate curriculum that embraces Hebrew learning and Jewish life.
We are committed to providing inspired classrooms that allow our teachers to be their most creative selves! We and are looking for those who are enthusiastic about guiding each child to reach their full potential, while teaching the little ones Hebrew, Prayer, and the love of Judaism. In this role, you will:
Be responsible for the safety and welfare of the children, supervising all children by sight and sound.
- Implement our Jewish curriculum in a way that encourages a love of Judaism and learning.
- Provide and maintain a positive atmosphere.
- Establish and maintain good communications and a strong sense of community with director, staff and parents.
- Make families feel welcome by greeting them personally and with enthusiasm.
- Foster a collaborative, team-focused atmosphere, both in the classroom, and at temple services.
- Actively participate in special activities.
Essential Job Duties (Physical Requirements):
- Must be able to lift and move with children (up to 40lbs.)
- Must demonstrate physical stamina and agility including the ability to be mobile for long periods throughout the work day.
- Demonstrated ability to move from sitting (on chair or floor) to standing position easily and quickly;
- Must be able to stand for periods of time and be able to run and be actively engaged physically with children.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations, moving from sitting to standing, carrying children up to 40lbs and running quickly and effectively.
- Must be able to supervise children by sight and sound.
- Minimum six hours on Early Childhood college credits.
- Associates or Bachelors degree or higher in Early Childhood, Child Development, or Elementary Education (or actively working on) strongly desired.
- Basic Hebrew knowledge
- Jewish prayer knowledge a plus.
- Prior experience working as a teacher or individual responsible for Jewish learning strongly desired.
At least 19 years of age.
A love for children and a passion for helping them reach their full potential.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $30.00 per hour