About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the IAC is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community that strengthens: the Israeli and Jewish identity of our next generations, the American Jewish community and the bond between the peoples of the United States and the State of Israel.
The IAC is seeking a New Regional Director to lead its vision throughout the Greater New York area. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful leadership and management as well as development skills and experience. The RD will execute the IAC goals on a local level and ensure successful operation and implementation of the IAC’s philosophy, mission, strategy with focus on community building, programming, and growth.
The IAC Regional Director reports directly to the IAC Chief Communities Officer.
· Strategy & Development: Set the strategy for execution and growth of the region to achieve IAC mission and in accordance with the IAC focus and lead fundraising efforts, including planning and implementation, identifying resource opportunities from foundations, institutions, and individuals
· Develop council members and work with the council to develop a strong IAC lay leadership. Drive council towards action and lead meaningful development efforts. Provide leadership development, hold execution to the highest level and guide the team.
· Be responsible for regional achievement of fundraising annual goals. Drive fundraising in the region and take an active part in cultivation and stewardship of new donors as well as increase giving's of current donors. Oversee fundraising strategy locally to allow the growth and resilience of the region.
· Translate strategic goals into execution plans for growth and impact. Cultivate relationship with key stakeholders in the region to further enhance and expand the IAC’s impact.
· Budget Management – Oversee the budget for the region under management. Monitor adherence to set budgets and organization’s procedures. Build a sustainable business plan for the chapter for years to come. Represent the IAC and the Israeli-American community in various forums.
· Execute and promote the IAC goals and lead the execution of programs and events in the regional office to implement the IAC’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and goals on a local level
· Implement programs and produce community events for the Israeli-American community in the Greater New York area
· Represent the IAC and the Israeli-American community in various forums. • Support the Community outreach and public relations: reach out to the community, maintain, and create partnerships with other community organizations
· Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
· At least 5 years of related job experience.
· Experience in leadership and management of organization.
· Conceptual thinker, ability to see the big picture and to create and execute a vision.
· Fluent in Hebrew and English Required - Speaking, reading and writing.
· Deep knowledge and understanding of Israeli culture.
· Good operational, administrative, and management capabilities, ability to lead processes.
· Strong high-level planning and monitoring capabilities.
· Experience in managing and leading a team of employees.
· Action oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills. 3
· Ability to work collaboratively with donors, Council members, staff and community organizations
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills and out of the box thinking
· Exceptional ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
· Knowledge in Israel related issues and passion regarding community building.
· Experience in nonprofit management is a plus